Forums

Help › Forums

Wind Direction affected by Camera Angle

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:26 PM (3 replies)
  • bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 9:11 AM

I noticed that the camera is not always directly behind the avatar.  The wind that is shown, is that from the perspective of the avatar or the camera.

For example in the camera view the wind is showning 10mph directly forward but the avatar is positioned slightly left side of the screen.  Does this mean that from the avatars point of view the wind direction 10mph slightly left?  Thus, i would need to hit the ball slightly right of the pin?

Is there a good way to more accurately determine wind direction especially when the avatar isn't in the center of the screen?

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:25 AM

bigseanbig:

For example in the camera view the wind is showning 10mph directly forward but the avatar is positioned slightly left side of the screen.   

Is there a good way to more accurately determine wind direction especially when the avatar isn't in the center of the screen?

I've made many observations about finding out precisely what the wind direction is in relation to the camera shot, and relation to the mini map.

See the many posts in this thread   .

A good way that I find it is to first point the aim till it meets in the middle with red path line of the camera angle (fig C - bottom right) then correlate it to the wind pointer and then the mini map, and change the camera zoom angles and reaffirm.

(remember to re-aim your shot, later, to where you want to hit it after you've made your observations & calculations, that should be obvious!)

What you said here is key "avatar is positioned slightly left side of the screen" (and this can vary greatly from shot to shot!) because if your aim isn't in the center of the screen, and the wind IS relative to the camera angle, then the player has to make an off-camera-angle-center adjustment in their head.

Sound a little strange but by using the different methods, camera angles and mini map adjustment* you may have better results.

Remember, test these presumptions for yourself and find out what works properly. 

See more info at this thread 

Be sure to scroll to this post

and also see this other post

• bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 12:16 PM

Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

Sean

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:26 PM

bump

I recently tried the 1st few holes of Pebble and found the approach camera/avatar angles were skewed, as many approaches are, so keep this in mind when you want to know which way the wind is blowing. 

CLICK HERE for INFO

RSS