Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • woodrush407
    876 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2020 12:36 PM

I also did not like playing the new version thru steam, so i downloaded the launcher,  its on my desktop and it works for me. sure hope they bring a lot of flash over to PC NV. like my note book and replay along with the forum for country clubs. 

have fun 

keep it in the short grass!!!

• Skip073
    1,062 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 6:55 AM

Hi all! I have a question that maybe some can answer, Does anyone know if the new version's finished product will be an app to download through app store for Mac? I currently can't get it to run on my IMac. I can get the new version through steam, but I prefer not to play on steam!

Thanks guys!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 7:10 AM

Skip073:

Hi all! I have a question that maybe some can answer, Does anyone know if the new version's finished product will be an app to download through app store for Mac? I currently can't get it to run on my IMac. I can get the new version through steam, but I prefer not to play on steam!

Thanks guys!

Here's the download page for various devices, including Mac.

https://j.mp/2R16Xlq

Edit: I don't think it can run on older versions of the Mac OS.

• Skip073
    1,062 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 8:12 AM

Thanks Robert! I'm up to date with the latest version! When I download and run launcher, Finder says The application "WGT Golf" can't be opened

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 8:20 AM

Skip073:

Thanks Robert! I'm up to date with the latest version! When I download and run launcher, Finder says The application "WGT Golf" can't be opened

Do you run any anti-virus programs or firewalls? That could interfere with it running. 

I just downloaded it again, and it ran fine. You might want to check out this thread (link below). There were others that noted some issues.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/612678.aspx?PageIndex=1

• Skip073
    1,062 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 8:35 AM

Thanks Robert! I don’t run any anti-virus stuff and I will check firewall! Not very techy when it comes to this stuff, but I will check it out along with the thread! 
    Thanks again!  

• Skip073
    1,062 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:02 AM

Skip073:

Thanks Robert! I don’t run any anti-virus stuff and I will check firewall! Not very techy when it comes to this stuff, but I will check it out along with the thread! 
    Thanks again!  

Firewall is off! should it be on maybe?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 9:51 AM

Skip073:

Skip073:

Thanks again!  

You should not go on the internet without a firewall.

You can add an exception to allow the game through, but you need to turn it back on.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2020 10:04 AM

Skip073:

On Mac, it's off by default. And for this (i.e. installing), you should leave it off. Still, first time you use the program, you'll get the typical splash screen from Mac (it's something like this program is downloaded from the internet; do you want to open). 

If you choose to enable it after this, that's something easily done. Still, if you're practicing safe computing practices, you should never have a problem with leaving it off.

I've never used a firewall (even when I had Windows-based computers). And in some form or another, I've been online for over 25 years. Never had an issue. 

RSS