Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,099 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 12:40 AM
     MegM88:
     RonnieCig:
    Never mind.......installed with a differant browser.
    ^^^^ Am I missing something? I thought the new version was standalone.

It is, but you need a browser to download it.  ; )

jefftow:
    ...ruler... on PC version its easy to have one floating on screen but the new version is on game client that dosent allow anything over the game screen  thank you  jeff

If you want to have things 'floating' on screen in the new version, you could try taking the game out of fullscreen, then follow THESE directions.

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 4:30 PM

Hi all,

Some might know me most will not, i only play for fun and i try to help others, so to all of you Pc only players. I do try and play a game or two on our sister site, just to get ready for the big switch over, well i am getting to the point. 

I am, thanks to WGT a T/C ok i can hit a odd ball or two, well i went into the dark side earlier and played a 3 hole game against a Master level 95 H/C 150. We both played off Black tee's and i managed to hit 3 birdies and still lost.

All that i'm getting at is wgt do not use the same tier setting,

Mick

• JDGHOST
    6,791 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 8:02 AM

jefftow:

they have no choice there will be no Flash

Don't be so quick to assume.....

WGTChampion:
    The likelihood that dedicated Flash players find new browsers that continue to support flash is very high.

Hmm best news I've herd yet!! From what Champ is saying "IF" we the players find a way to continue playing the "FLASH" (via other browsers or back doors or however we can) ...WGT will continue to have the flash version running as well??? 

THIS IS OUTSTANDING NEWS!!!!

JD

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 5:31 AM

Looks like WGT fixed the    Restart-, Club selection- and  Scrolling-   problem/bug.

G R E A T  

Can play   new WGT   CTTH again.

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 7:36 AM

Today 5-2-2020 when i started New Wgt  first there was an update.

Now loading of tournaments and other things is much slower.

Is this due to the update ?  

Am i they only one or ?

??????

Rody

• ScottHope
    10,099 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 8:33 AM
     Roderickjan:
    Looks like WGT fixed the Club selection bug.

Fixed here too, good work WGT.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 8:55 AM

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 10:21 AM

TopShelf2010:

Roderickjan:
    Now loading of tournaments and other things is much slower

I noticed the new version being ever so slightly slower after the update. Between tournaments and the new "searching for friend requests" or something to that nature... there is a slight delay in loading.

Personally, I felt it was not that much of a difference.

But, yes... you are not alone. I would assume that most people signing in to the new version will be experiencing the same thing

Don

Sorry Don but for me it is not slightly  otherwise i wouldnot have put this reaction on this forum. For me it is much much very much slower.

Rody

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 11:02 AM

JDGHOST:

jefftow:

they have no choice there will be no Flash

Don't be so quick to assume.....

WGTChampion:
    The likelihood that dedicated Flash players find new browsers that continue to support flash is very high.

Hmm best news I've herd yet!! From what Champ is saying "IF" we the players find a way to continue playing the "FLASH" (via other browsers or back doors or however we can) ...WGT will continue to have the flash version running as well??? 

THIS IS OUTSTANDING NEWS!!!!

JD

The problem won't be finding a browser that still supports flash but rather finding an Operating System that still supports flash, Microsoft appears to be ready to completely remove flash from Windows and Apple never wanted flash on Macs. So what does that leave? Linux or something similar?

• JDGHOST
    6,791 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 1:43 PM

I will be searching that as well but is there a date set by Microsoft for full flash removal??

JD

So I found this......

Back to the Microsoft Lifecycle Policy home page

Published: September 9, 2019

Adobe will end support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020. Here’s what you can expect in the meantime for each Microsoft browser:

In the next version of Microsoft Edge (built on Chromium), Flash will be disabled by default. However, users may re-enable it on a site-by-site basis. The timeline for Chromium-based browsers can be found here.

Flash will not be disabled by default from Microsoft Edge (built on EdgeHTML) or Internet Explorer 11 prior to its removal by December of 2020.

Flash will be completely removed from all browsers by December 31, 2020, via Windows Update.

The key here being "via Windows update" so I will be NOT ALLOWING any future window updates ..See what that does??

RSS