Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 4:44 PM

I have had the problem with the scroll wheel for months. After hitting the ball 200 yards over the green , I shut it off. It switches just as you click for the ding.

I have also had a 64 degree wedge on the tee several times, I caught those times though.

No problems since I shut the wheel off

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 9:43 AM

ScottHope:

WGT, what's the reasoning behind the two resolution options in the game that are nearly identical?

And there is not one 16:10 resoultion...But there is two resolutions with 6 pixel difference. Really interesting. Didn't see any game make it this way..

Nik

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 10:22 AM

Have you tried the wheel to see if it changes your club Don, even though you have shut it off? I'm talking about in the PCEA game, not flash.

• RonnieCig
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 12:34 PM

Never mind.......installed with a differant browser.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 3:55 PM

ScottHope:

Have you tried the wheel to see if it changes your club Don, even though you have shut it off? I'm talking about in the PCEA game, not flash.

Sorry Scott, I just saw this.

I started the PCEA and NO the wheel is shut off on my game mouse.

I have a configuration with it off and all the buttons it comes with are disabled also.

I can have multiple configurations

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 8:48 PM

DonCaron:

I have had the problem with the scroll wheel for months. After hitting the ball 200 yards over the green , I shut it off. It switches just as you click for the ding.

I have also had a 64 degree wedge on the tee several times, I caught those times though.

No problems since I shut the wheel off

I have not been able to reproduce the adverse aftermath in regards to the claims that there exists an glitch in the WGT Early Access for PC client software for the Windows platform as briefly described in the above Quote.

However, I have been testing this claim and at infrequent or irregular intervals the adverse aftermath of executed shots and club changes as described in the above Quote does exist and is found to be present.

As an result through controlled testing, I conclude that there is no software glitch causing the adverse aftermath, rather, the adverse aftermath is an result of hardware malfunction within the Mouse. In other words, decaying mouse wheel gears.

Please note that when the Mouse Wheel is disabled the adverse aftermath does not exist, as also mentioned in the above Quote manifesting the same results.

With controlled testing, I discovered, that on occasion, it required more than one (1) mouse wheel click to change the club selection in either direction.

As an result, I conclude that the extra mouse wheel click renders the "Click Position" of the mouse wheel that to be apexed between "mouse wheel up" and "mouse wheel down". Thus, any movement of the mouse, such as clicking the mouse button, could disturb the symmetry of the apexed "click position" disengaging the balance causing the mouse wheel "click position" to "slip" up or down in harmony with the wear of the decaying mouse wheel gear without physically moving the mouse wheel.

Also, with controlled testing, I discovered that Dneirf tends to habitually allow his finger to slightly rest against the side of the mouse wheel when executing an mouse click. The friction between the side of the mouse wheel and my finger could cause the mouse wheel to move and or disengage the balance of the apexed "click position" thus causing the adverse aftermath of the changing of clubs, especially at the top of the swing when an mouse click is executed.

Dneirf is now retraining himself to habitually position his finger at an greater distance from the side of the mouse wheel when executing an mouse click. One of Dneirfs' wives is also assisting Dneirf with this new finger position.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 2:02 AM

DonCaron:
    I started the PCEA and NO the wheel is shut off on my game mouse.

Cool....thank you Don.  ; )

• jefftow
    447 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 4:42 AM

im finding the first look for PC very nice so far. power bar is better very smooth.

one question i have. would it be possible to have a ruler in centimetres as a tool ?

reason i ask is that many of us use one to help gauge how far to move aim for winds.

on PC version its easy to have one floating on screen but the new version is on game client that dosent allow anything over the game screen 

thank you

jeff

• jefftow
    447 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 4:55 AM

they have no choice there will be no Flash

• MegM88
    2 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 9:58 AM

RonnieCig:

Never mind.......installed with a differant browser.

^^^^ Am I missing something? I thought the new version was standalone.

RSS