Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 8:04 AM

I am 99% convinced this skippy club problem has got nothing to do with the mouse wheel scroll settings.

Just a quick test by someone who has their mouse wheel scroll set to disabled might be interesting. Try scrolling your wheel in the unity game and see if your club changes.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 8:47 AM

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 9:02 AM

Thank you for doing that Don. I hope that reveals something.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 1:34 PM

Roderickjan:

Replay

Here is the evidence I hit a 210 club full backspin and  the ball went more than 240 yards. Ball eating bug. If you look closely the moment that i stop the meter the club changes from 210 to 250 ????

That is a weird one Rod. Like you say, at the top of your backswing when you click for the ding, your club changes from an iron to a wood!

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 6:07 PM

ScottHope:

Roderickjan:

Replay

Here is the evidence I hit a 210 club full backspin and  the ball went more than 240 yards. Ball eating bug. If you look closely the moment that i stop the meter the club changes from 210 to 250 ????

That is a weird one Rod. Like you say, at the top of your backswing when you click for the ding, your club changes from an iron to a wood!

Try this.....

Open the Desktop Game Client and click on the Gear Icon in the lower right corner to enter the Options Page.

From the Options Page Home Label change the "Customize Equipment" Card from the Default "Normal" to "Advanced".

Exit the Options and changes will be saved automatically.

Now, when I first changed this an tool tip appeared stating: "The Normal option is for automatic club selection and is not as accurate as the Customized option. This tool tip no longer appears when changing this option.

Coding 101: Do not hide information from end users.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 8:51 AM

Dneirf:

ScottHope:

Roderickjan:

Replay

Try this.....

Open the Desktop Game Client and click on the Gear Icon in the lower right corner to enter the Options Page.

From the Options Page Home Label change the "Customize Equipment" Card from the Default "Normal" to "Advanced".

Exit the Options and changes will be saved automatically.

Now, when I first changed this an tool tip appeared stating: "The Normal option is for automatic club selection and is not as accurate as the Customized option. This tool tip no longer appears when changing this option.

Coding 101: Do not hide information from end users.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

Dneirf,

Allready did that when i first entered New WGT , problem has nothing to do with it.

Go Play a CTTH game and restart that game 2 times. Then scroll with your mouse between clubs , you will see it's not correct anymore and from that moment on it is possible that this bug occurs.

Have a nice day,

Rody

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 9:43 AM

WGT, what's the reasoning behind the two resolution options in the game that are nearly identical?

• taz01
    287 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 9:48 AM

HELP !!!

I am not to good on this computer stuff so could someone tell me more in detail how to get to desktop game client.

Taz01

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 11:23 AM

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 3:35 PM

Roderickjan:
    Go Play a CTTH game and restart that game 2 times. Then scroll with your mouse between clubs , you will see it's not correct anymore and from that moment on it is possible that this bug occurs.

I was able to duplicate that scroll bug here by following those instructions, but with only 1 restart.  WGT needs to fix this and/or at least acknowledge they're working on it.

Debugging 101:  Try duplicating the user's issue first before offering a solution.  Then test that your solution actually fixes the problem.

RSS