Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 2:35 AM

alreno:

Well I am very talented lol and if you don't believe it just ask me.  But thx Simon.

alreno, I've just one thing to add, please stop beating me in The Brackets! ;)

PS carry on/keep up the good work, I never mind losing to a good score/better player on the day

Ken

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 10:37 AM

Lots of posts on this topic in this thread, I will add my 2cents to it. 

In My Opinion;

This game served me well for the last 3 years while I had the time to play it. I have enjoyed a lot of good groups, a bunch of fun tourneys, some fun playing the Clash, etc etc etc.

I was able to attain all my equipments and upgrades through Peanut Labs and the Surveys. I made a lot of credits for myself, and also for WGT too. Grateful for the Surveys as not everyone can afford to play this game to the standard they want in a game. 

The standard now, has all but disappeared since the start of 2021. No longer able to play anything other than Coin games and Solo Tourneys, easily I might add, everything else has gone away or become harder to attain. Except clothing. Lots of clothes for sale now. 

I feel that the pcea players, the long time computer players are here for one thing, and one thing only. To be competition for the mobile Coin players. That's my opinion only. 

Basically everything has been taken away from the computer player. Forget about the 'social' aspect of the game. I dont care a rats behind if I ever 'chat' with a player.

I do care about playing the Stroke and MatchPlay and AltShot games I used to play, easily, by clicking the button.  Yes I can join this and that, be it Discord etc etc. Never had to do that before, sure am not doing it now. 

I really have no idea what WGT and their people are up to, and frankly after almost 3 months of this 'new world', its gone from good to bloody terrible.

Awful. What the heck have you people done to yourselves? 

In 2010 I signed up, played a few rounds here and came back 7 years later. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Until now. 

There are some real good options out there today and although I will be using another version of golf simulation, I will also continue to play here, but only as a distant second now, and just to use up any remaining balls in the inventory. 

Take care as this is my last posting. 

Good Golfing out there folks!. Take care all. 

wedge0837 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2021 11:45 PM

wedge0837:
    In My Opinion

I get that this is your opinion, your viewpoint, your experience, but I can't say I agree with several of your points, based on my experience, and in my opinion.

wedge0837:
    I feel that the pcea players, the long time computer players are here for one thing, and one thing only. To be competition for the mobile Coin players. That's my opinion only. 

Personally I still have a lot of fun playing this game and yet I have absolutely nothing to do with any coin games. They don't interest me in the slightest so I stay away from them, and as such that side of WGT play barely impinges on my consciousness. But each to their own.

wedge0837:

Basically everything has been taken away from the computer player. Forget about the 'social' aspect of the game. I dont care a rats behind if I ever 'chat' with a player.

I do care about playing the Stroke and MatchPlay and AltShot games I used to play, easily, by clicking the button

I'm a bit confused by this. Your post sounds as if what you really care about are the multiplayer, social game modes, and yet you don't want to chat with anyone while playing? Did I read that wrong?

wedge0837:
    Take care as this is my last posting.

Maybe, maybe not. You won't be replying to my question above if so, which makes it rhetorical. I hope you'll feel better about the game after a night's sleep, because it sounds as if you posted this in the heat of frustration. I hope you'll feel able to stick around and enjoy playing for the foreseeable future too, but if not then good luck and farewell.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 3:59 AM

Wutpa:

wedge0837:

I do care about playing the Stroke and MatchPlay and AltShot games I used to play, easily, by clicking the button

I'm a bit confused by this. Your post sounds as if what you really care about are the multiplayer, social game modes, and yet you don't want to chat with anyone while playing? Did I read that wrong?

Coming in at the end of the thread I saw your reply before his post and thought what can you still get socially out of these MP games without chatting?  You may learn new ways of playing some holes and enjoy the format of your competition playing directly against you but without even a "gs" how can that be social.

Then to his post and the second of the two paragraphs above may give the answer when quoted in full.

I do care about playing the Stroke and MatchPlay and AltShot games I used to play, easily, by clicking the button.  Yes I can join this and that, be it Discord etc etc. Never had to do that before, sure am not doing it now. 

Could it not be that he is saying the chat feature is more awkward in the new version and he has no interest in solving this by downloading something like Discord?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 10:05 AM

wedge0837:

I really have no idea what WGT and their people are up to, and frankly after almost 3 months of this 'new world', its gone from good to bloody terrible.

Awful. What the heck have you people done to yourselves? 

Spot on. People get used to getting rolled over I guess. No clash now. Read about a bug in the showdown which costs a player 3 shots. Don't worry you get the entry fee back if it happens to you. Alt shot status looks like its not fixable seeing as they have had months to fix it. No uneven lie comps. Today I got a bright white light flash, before chat was active, quite bad I  might add.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 12:09 PM

DodgyPutter:

Wutpa:

wedge0837:

Coming in at the end of the thread I saw your reply before his post and thought what can you still get socially out of these MP games without chatting?  You may learn new ways of playing some holes and enjoy the format of your competition playing directly against you but without even a "gs" how can that be social.

Then to his post and the second of the two paragraphs above may give the answer when quoted in full.

I do care about playing the Stroke and MatchPlay and AltShot games I used to play, easily, by clicking the button.  Yes I can join this and that, be it Discord etc etc. Never had to do that before, sure am not doing it now. 

Could it not be that he is saying the chat feature is more awkward in the new version and he has no interest in solving this by downloading something like Discord?

Yes, I wondered about that too. But the bit about once being able to play multiplayer at the click of a button made me think he was referring to the difficulty finding opponents and/or seeing which friends are genuinely available to play in the new version. So I concluded he was talking about people having to use Discord to chat/arrange games instead of simply clicking and getting on with play, as in flash.

I guess we may never know now.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 1:38 PM

Wutpa:

Yes, I wondered about that too. But the bit about once being able to play multiplayer at the click of a button made me think he was referring to the difficulty finding opponents and/or seeing which friends are genuinely available to play in the new version. So I concluded he was talking about people having to use Discord to chat/arrange games instead of simply clicking and getting on with play, as in flash.

Well, according to his Activity page, he's still playing and looking for a "large active Club with lots of inside games".

Another player and I tried to help him with Discord outside of these forums.  Unfortunately, he was not bright enough to figure it out.  I imagine he gave up in frustration.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 2:20 PM

SamSpayed:

Wutpa:

Well, according to his Activity page, he's still playing and looking for a "large active Club with lots of inside games".

Another player and I tried to help him with Discord outside of these forums.  Unfortunately, he was not bright enough to figure it out.  I imagine he gave up in frustration.

Well he joined a large club yesterday (March 20), so maybe that'll give him what he needs for more frequent multiplayer action. He'd likely find it helpful to have more than his current two friends for that though.

RSS