Forums

Help › Forums

BINGO-BANGO-BONGO

Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:21 AM (86 replies)
  • eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:47 AM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

so 3 games in and it is looking like a great tournament with people having fun whilst losing!  keep looking out on this forum for match reports.

but as it stands the scores are:

R.O.T.W                      U.S.A

38                                43

Ellispice      9 - 18    aoerfuqiu

joma1108  16 - 11  Jeffdos924

resozv         13 - 14   ivietri

for the players who wanted to sign up but think they are too late... if you still want to play and you are in the U.S.A then find an opponent who is willing to play from R.O.T.W or vice versa, inform me and i'll add it to the list. if this format is a success then we could make it a regular thing and keep the tourney running

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:00 AM

I have to echo Jeff's comments above, excellent tournament and just goes to show that it isnt about posting a score, tactics come into play on every single shot.

excellent playing partner who was very gracious in defeat and i for one will be signing up for the next one.

Good luck to all to play (but more luck to ROTW ;0))

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:28 AM

joma1108:

Good luck to all to play (but more luck to ROTW ;0))

Thats right Joma..I think we should be able to root for our teams (in a respectable manor)..I can see this is going to be an ongoing tourney so the roots and cheers will likely keep coming.

As for the average outrage(maybe not now but you will be)because it is going to effect how you are paired in other tourneys.I could be wrong but this could pose a problem in the near future.The first tourney I entered my average was 72 but my opponent's average was 60.This was a mistake and it was immediatly corrected.But  when I saw that the BBB effects your average that was the first thing that came to mind.If someone is truly a 60 but their average was blown up due to the BBB tourney.Someone could be in alot of peril if a player with an average of 72 is paired with the player whose average has been artificially raised due to the BBB.EternalSpirit I have stated how much I like this Tourney format so don't take any of this the wrong way.It's just that it has already happened to me (in a way).Just thought I would point that out.

Hopefully Helpful,

Larry

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:43 AM

hey larry dont worry

i always receive any comments with an open mind. i would like to make clear that this is my first community tournament i have organised.

i knew of the bingo bango bongo format and thought i'd try it so there will always be teething problems. i'm not sure if it will totally work either because of the AVG problem. we could do on a practice round but the higher tier players will have an advantage.

the way i see this going is to have it in the style of a ladder system, no teams. but in 4 divisions... hack, amateur, pro, master and each player just plays against an opponent from the same tier for personal points. that way they can play on a practice round and nothing is effected 

ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANY TOURNAMENT GURU'S WOULD BE GREAT!!

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:51 AM

What if the higer tier uses a lighter club of the TEE,Like a 3 wood or something,Would that even it out?

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:07 AM

Larry, good comments and losing on the avg is a problem for all concerned which does need to be addressed, however for my hapennys's worth.

Master V Pro Scenarios

Playing from same tee for instance lets say 450 yards Par 4

Master drive - 300 Yards 150 to go

Pro - 280 yards 170 to go

Pro goes first and can get 1st point on the green lets say 10 feet

Master hits to 5 feet 1 point each

Pro then has putt to win the hole from 10 feet

I would take my chances from that distance

so in essence length off the tee doesnt really count except for the opportunity to get close.

jeff and i posted high scores because it was all tactics from us both, you could post  areally good score and do well or a high score and win comfortably (as i did)

also you can get your avg back down again by playing a few rounds on your own (as i am trying to do)

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:32 AM

so what is your final view? shall we say practice round from  white  tee's with medium wind?

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:44 AM

eternalspirit:

so what is your final view? shall we say practice round from  white  tee's with medium wind?

That will take care of the average issue for certain.But what about the differential off the TEE.Won't  the Master still be out driving the Pro...Unless... ALL PLAYERS are required to use the standard issue WGT driver..In regards to the other clubs they can use whatever they see fit..That might take care of the TEE BOX problem???

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:50 AM

for this comp i say we keep as is as to keep fair for all already played the scenario

moving forward i would be happy to take my chances in this format against anyone from white tees. (or any tees  / wind combination in agreement prior to the start of the match)

defo needs to be practice to keep averages consistent as this is something that is needing addressed

i need to stress that it isnt all about powering over 300yds down the fariway (unless you are reaching the green from the tee) positipon is crucial and who plays first to the green

therefore the master might say i am comfortable getting to the green from 200yds and then plays a wedge off the tee thus putting pressure on the opponent as they would then either have to play shorter to get first shot at the green or go longer and try to get inside them.

need to get away from the they can hit longer than me argument.

just my view. i am happy to play a master off the whites to test on practice so anyone available let me know

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:57 AM

Hey Joma,Lets go try that ! Same format as the BBB.You set it up and invite me ..OK?

RSS