Forums

Help › Forums

BINGO-BANGO-BONGO

Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:21 AM (86 replies)
  • joma1108
    42 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 1:12 PM

script, expiredloch does want to play we were talking about it earlier, i have sent a message to his email and hopefully he will get in touch soon bear with him remember the time diff too cheers

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 1:41 PM

I just played Gao, and I well and truly got beat! 18-9 to him was the final score, which put USA  into a clear lead (this is beginning to sound too much like the ladders's Ryder Cup!). I think he's made a match report, so watch out for that too.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:06 PM

joma1108:

script, expiredloch does want to play we were talking about it earlier, i have sent a message to his email and hopefully he will get in touch soon bear with him remember the time diff too cheers

Thanks joma.  But considering that my requests were over a period of about 7 hours, why couldn't he respond?  Don't mean to be a stick in the mud but that is why I withdrew from the League play at WGTLS.  I want to play, not chase. 

Spirit,  I'll be on early (for me ) tomorrow and will attempt to find you, or loch, for a match.   Cheers!

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:39 PM

Hi Script, I´m sorry but I did reply to your request this afternoon and suggested 4pm tomorrow!

I couldn´t reply to numerous requests you made earlier because i was in a match!.

I do have a query of my own.

I practiced this game and used "tactics", like getting close in to the edge of the green and suchlike with Joma1108. He won the match by 1 point, no probs there but i then realised that my rating had gone up by 5 points from 73 to 78. Nobody told me that using ploys to place this game would adversely affect my rating.

• expiredloch
    362 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:47 PM

Furthermore, I´m as keen as the next man to play as we all are, but there are a host of things i have to do in the day and i don´t have the luxury of being on call to sit in front of the monitor 24 hrs a day. It´s called a life!

So rein back a little buddy.

I hope that 4pm tomorrow (GMT) suits or we can discuss an alternative.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 3:35 PM

First and foremost ... ES. what a great tournament ... this was twice the fun that i expected it to be!!!

Great format, and i got paired with a great playing partner in joma .... we had a blast. Unfortunately for me, he had a wee bit more fun than i did .

Quick recap ... 10th hole ..i went wild off the tee, but it let me be first on. Jomas aims for the rough on his 2nd and misses  .. catches the green, but is away. Saving grace for him was my balky putter and he's first in .... Jeff 2 - Joma 1

11th ...  we had a reverse .. and strategy . Joma on first ... I get closer ... then he lags his forst putt to stay away, and is first in on the next.   Jeff 3 - Joma 3

12th ...It all worked for me and I swept all 3 points. First oddity though, as we were both 18 feet from the pin, the game gave me closest.. Jeff 6- Joma 3

13th .. Reverse again and Joma gets the sweep   Jeff 6- Joma 6

14th..  Lag bites Joma off the tee and I barely held the green for the 1st point. Joma's pitch runs a mile , just not far enough for me. I go ofr the hole and missed, Joma didn't miss. .... Jeff 7- Joma 8

15th .. I was all over the place here, i think ... Joma sweeps the points .. Jeff 7- Joma 11

16th..  Go for 1st on or closest was the decision ...I got on, but only barely. leaving myself on the edge of the fringe  20 feet away. Joma hits next but lo & behold .. also 20 feet away ... game says i'm away . Joma makes the putt. ... Jeff 8 - Joma 13

17th ... Joma in the big ball washer .. then i miss the green left, trying to stay dry. Joma's next try at the green comes up short ... both still off the green, but he's away so gets his 14th point and win just hitting on.  I get close, but miss 2 short putts.  Jeff - 9 Joma 15

18th ... Talk about rubbing salt in a wound.....Joma from 154 throws a dart 2 yrds from the hole. I missed my 2nd shot left , but  that gave me a short chip for closest and then i holed my putt ofeter Joma missed ... Final score: Jeff 11-  Joma 16

Scorewise, we both looked awful ... I shot 38 and Joma shot a 40 ... but he had the plan and made the shots when he needed it. This format easily made this the most fun round that i've ever lost. Congrats to Hugh ..  very good game, my friend.

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 5:05 PM

looks like I'm to late to sign up, but if someone bows out, can't play, or needs a substitute :) I'm available to play almost anytime. I'm in USA, lol but would play for either team and try my best. Good luck to all, and next time I'll pay attention and sign up in time i hope.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:11 PM

expiredloch:

Furthermore, I´m as keen as the next man to play as we all are, but there are a host of things i have to do in the day and i don´t have the luxury of being on call to sit in front of the monitor 24 hrs a day. It´s called a life!

So rein back a little buddy.

I hope that 4pm tomorrow (GMT) suits or we can discuss an alternative.

Rein back?   My invites were spread over 7 hours...you couldn't find time to message a response?   

Anyway, sorry if I upset you...this is supposed to be fun.  I'll do my best to be available at your convenience.  4PM GMT is somewhere around 11 or 12 my time so I'll try to be available.

Thanks. 

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 7:32 PM

Where are the scores posted?Whos winning?Sounds like a nail bitter!! Man I wish we could watch some of these tournys...Somebody please let me know if we are winning.I love international competition..Good luck to the ROTW..

Ok USA lets bring it on home now !!!

Lets,GETrDONE!!!!!!!!!

LETS GOOOOOOOO TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:33 AM

Hi expiredloch

expiredloch:

Nobody told me that using ploys to place this game would adversely affect my rating.

due to this being a masters and pro's tourney i couldnt set the rules to "practice round" rather than a "ranked round" only due to the fact on a "practice round" if one is master and one is pro, you both play off the same tees which would give the pro a disadvantage.

therefore by playing a ranked round you start on your own tee.

so therefore scoring badly "adversely" affects your rating. but i thought we all would be well aware of that. i apologise for the assumption 

RSS