Forums

Help › Forums

BINGO-BANGO-BONGO

Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:21 AM (86 replies)
  • Script
    621 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 9:38 AM

Expiredloch and I just finished our round...  Started out with my thinking just shooting a good round was enough.  It took three holes for it to dawn on me there is a strategy.  Had a good run for the next three and then expiredloch made a final run.  We finished at Script 15, expiredloch, 12 for another US victory.  We had a lot of fun during play and will surely connect again!  Great format.

Not sure any major changes should be made to the format.  So what that it can hurt your average.  The average is pretty meaningless anyway unless you are exclusively attempting to move up a tier.  Even then, it's only a temporary setback.  My opinion,(my wife doesn't attach much value to it either), is to leave things as they are and see what evolves.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:27 PM

tibbets:

Fun format...one suggestion and observation though:  Usually, the point awarded for closest to the hole, also known as a 'greenie', is only given to a player that is closest to the hole in regulation.

very good point tibbets thank your for your observation and pointing out something which i didnt notice. having rarely played BBB i didnt think. i read throught the format rules that i found and it didnt mention it clearly. the format rule just said "the closest to the hole once both players were on the green" so i just read that as it doesnt matter how many shots it takes.

if those who are in the current tournament agree with the comments then i'll change it. but it was quite fun that way we played.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:33 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

so 5 games in and it is looking like a great tournament with people having fun whilst losing!  

USA are 7 points ahead so it is sitll all to play for.

keep looking out on this forum for match reports.

but as it stands the scores are:

R.O.T.W                      U.S.A

64                                71

Ellispice      9 - 18    gaoerfuqiu

joma1108  16 - 11  Jeffdos924

resozv         13 - 14   ivietri

eternalsprit 14-13   Kobalt46

Expiredloch 12 - 15 Script

GOOOOOOOOOO ROTW!!

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:54 PM

personally speaking i think it is fine in its current format, if you go as tibbets says then it is loaded totally towards the better player (i.e.) those that have high GIR stats.

Take me for instance i hit every second green so in that instance i am giving probably 5 shots to tibbets even before we tee off and the greens i dont hit i am giving 10 shots, thats too much to give to a player of tibbets quality and also Jeff who i played.

This is about fun (and competition) and the way it is set up now then this will bring everyone closer together call it a handicap system if you like.

I will bow to the greater majority however thought i would give my view.

Oh and Come on ROTW lets pull this back ;0)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:55 PM

Hi eternal, the tourney looks awesome so far! Just one thing ... you spelled my name wrong! Nothing to be ashamed of (everyone does it - "gaoerfuqiu" is "golf" in Chinese), but there is a "g" in front of the "aoerfuqiu". If you ever think of allowing players to play multiple rounds (i.e. setting a specific deadline in which people should play as many matches as possible against players from the other team), I'll be sure to participate! Thanks very much for allowing me the chance to play, and good luck to the players in the remaining matches.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:18 PM

joma1108:

personally speaking i think it is fine in its current format, if you go as tibbets says then it is loaded totally towards the better player (i.e.) those that have high GIR stats.

Take me for instance i hit every second green so in that instance i am giving probably 5 shots to tibbets even before we tee off and the greens i dont hit i am giving 10 shots, thats too much to give to a player of tibbets quality and also Jeff who i played.

Agree Joma.... this is a fun, strategy game the way it's set up.  Real BBB rules would, as is appropriate, favor the better player.  The way it is now...as long as you don't get hung up about the affect on your average...everyone has a good chance of winning.

• rnegv
    55 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 3:49 PM

mike_misa     13

rnegv                16

that format wasn't well thought out but we played by your rules. I don't do play by plays.

• mike_misza
    44 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 3:51 PM

mike_misza - 13

vs rnegv- 16

• VEGANG1228
    41 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 4:40 PM

HI BLACKWOOD AND I  WERE PLAYING BUT  I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CLIENT OF THE GAME AND HE DIDNT HAVE TIME FOR PLAYING 

SOME  SUGGEST

THE GAME WAS 3-12 

3 VEGANG

12 BLACK

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 7:02 PM

Thunderboltz won a hard fought match against Boffmen.

Thunderboltz 14 

Boffmen 13

Good game Boffmen

RSS