• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:40 AM

Good Luck USA!!!!!!!~~~God Bless AMERICA~~~

LARRY

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 5:20 AM

Let the games begin. Ok just so i am clear and Jeff doesnt try to pull a fast one ;0)

First on the green is self explanatory on Par 4 & Par 5 what about Par 3 or is it only after each person has played their shot.

i.e. jeff on the green in two and so am i, but he teed off first is he the winner?

when on the green, nearest the pin, i am 30 yards away (on a good day) and opponent is 5 yds away, we both hit that shot and it is this shot that then counts to second point?

first in the hole again self explanatory

can you confirm

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 5:40 AM

eternal, you've put me on the ROTW team. I'm good with that as long as ROTW team doesn't mind.

ivietri, I can't find you in WGT players. What's a good day/time for you? When would you like to play.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 5:58 AM

resozv sorry about that. i only managed 9 rotw players. is that ok with you?

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:15 AM

joma1108:
    Ok just so i am clear and Jeff doesnt try to pull a fast one ;0)

First on the green is self explanatory on Par 4 & Par 5 what about Par 3 or is it only after each person has played their shot.

i.e. jeff on the green in two and so am i, but he teed off first is he the winner?

with this format tactics play the biggest part.

first on the green:

it doesnt matter how many times it takes you to get on the green its the first one there. e.g if jeff gets to the green (on par 5) in 2 and you dont then he gets 1 point. but making the green on a par 5 in 2 is likely to land you far from the pin. thefefore you have the opportunity to take the next 2 points by taking as many shots as you want to get in the best place to get on the green but closest to the pin, which evidently puts you in the best place to sink the putt first because of jeff's monster putt .

but then Jeff could take little putts making sure he is not as close as you to get in a position to sink the putt before you. it can get confusing so the best way is just to get out there and have fun

remember taking more shots than your opponent may put you second on the next tee which could be fatal if par3 is next (which i think it isnt anyway).

its all about the the tactics you want to play. i don't really know how it will go but i think this will be great fun.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:17 AM

I'm against Gaoerfuqiu? Wow, you couldn't have drawn it any better. Bring it on Gao, bring it on...

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:20 AM

really?? should be interesting huh?

GL out there

• joma1108
    42 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:25 AM

ah i see so when you are on the green you are on the green that counts to the first and second point, now that sounds like fun.

one last thing, where does the green start, is it the fringe or on the green

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:28 AM

the 2nd point is only awarded to the person closest to the pin once BOTH players are  on the green.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 6:45 AM

Who posts?  Winner or Loser?

RSS