Forums

Help › Forums

Time for a putting overhaul

Wed, Apr 3 2019 4:00 PM (93 replies)
  • JasonDurham
    216 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 8:23 AM

The putting on WGT is atrocious, camera angles are off and the inability to zoom in to get a better read would help. There should be better camera angles put in so your not staring at your avatar. Also the ball looks bigger than the hole your putting at and time to time acts that way with weird lip outs. I had a match that my opponents ball when into the hole and then lipped out? We both agreed that ball should have gone in and stayed in. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:01 AM

JasonDurham:
    The  My putting on WGT is atrocious

FTFY

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:05 AM

I'm mad too! 

Geez

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:46 AM

JasonDurham:

The putting on WGT is atrocious, camera angles are off and the inability to zoom in to get a better read would help. There should be better camera angles put in so your not staring at your avatar. Also the ball looks bigger than the hole your putting at and time to time acts that way with weird lip outs. I had a match that my opponents ball when into the hole and then lipped out? We both agreed that ball should have gone in and stayed in. 

Jason you have 54 Ranked Rounds in since 2009. Play more and you will get better at it.

I had 54 ranked rounds in less than 2 months when I started back in 2013.

Experience counts

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:51 AM

He knows that, Don, been told 100 times along with all sorts of good advice. It goes in one ear and right out the other. I don't think the elevator goes to the top floor there.

• DoctorLarry
    4,278 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 10:10 AM

JasonDurham:

Jason - 

Just stop whining and practice.  The game is what it is, and they will not be adding any more camera angles and views than they have now.  You would have known that by reading through the forums.

Until you play regularly, you will not get any better and the game will not change to make it easier for you or anyone else.

Seriously, if you don't like the game, stop playing altogether.  It seems you may have spent more time complaining on the forums than actual game play.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 10:12 AM

Cameras are what they are. The whole game is based on photos from various angles, so is understandable that's quite impossible to have perfect views from every possible position on the greens.

The only drawback for me are lying dots (wrong mapping) in the greens. There are not just one or two, they are so many of them. I always keep asking my self why WGT does not care to fix this situation. It's so so frustating to try to read a green and all of a sudden realize that dots are whatever.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 10:15 AM

JasonDurham:
    Also the ball looks bigger than the hole your putting at

• DoctorLarry
    4,278 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 10:43 AM

DodgyPutter:

JasonDurham:
    Also the ball looks bigger than the hole your putting at

LOL!

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 10:47 AM

JasonDurham:

There's a reason golf is a four-letter word.

RSS