Forums

Help › Forums

On desktop, light up the icon on the taskbar when it's my turn

Thu, May 23 2024 10:32 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cyrusthegreat
    79 Posts
    Thu, May 16 2024 1:02 PM

I'll confess that when playing a coin or AS game, I often have WGT open in the background and will read something else while my opponent is taking a shot. I check back often enough that I don't miss my turn, but I'd sure love it if I didn't have to!

I play a couple of other turn-based multiplayer games which will send an alert to Windows when it's my turn and make the program icon flash on the Windows taskbar. It would be great if WGT could implement that for multiplayer games.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who multitasks when play WGT, so I bet this could measurably speed up play.

• ScottHope
    10,179 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2024 9:08 AM

Don't you get the...

Bloop

...when it's your turn, Cyrus?

• cyrusthegreat
    79 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2024 11:26 AM

I do, but occasionally I'll miss it, or just prefer to have WGT sounds entirely off.

• ScottHope
    10,179 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2024 9:06 AM

It might be possible to automatically have the game muted whilst playing, but have the sounds enabled when you are looking at another window.

I'll look into that while I'm waiting for a response, then you can tell me whether or not you're interested.

• cyrusthegreat
    79 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2024 5:05 PM

Yes, that would definitely be better than having sounds on all the time!

• mrmp1
    546 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2024 6:35 PM

I play in a stroke 4some every morning which is slow 75 minutes to finish at best I need to multi-task since we lost flash i turn sound up the only thing you hear is golf club hits ball lands goes in cup CROWD ROARS  GET NB FROM FRIENDS . YOU TYPE TY

MEL

• ScottHope
    10,179 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2024 12:29 AM

Okay Cyrus, I'll see if I can come up with something for you.

Mel, you don't hear the 'your turn bloop' sound?

• mrmp1
    546 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2024 2:42 PM

Yes,Scott loud and clear there is not much noise when in a game I wish they could add that bloop sound to invites 

MEL

• ScottHope
    10,179 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2024 3:05 AM

There is a sound for invites, maybe it's too quiet...

WGT invite

• MioKontic
    4,608 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2024 3:15 PM

Scott

I don't often play multiplayer games any more, but I definitely used to hear the 'your turn' sound.  However, having just read your posts I realised that during a showdown game today I actually didn't hear the sound.  I'm normally on the ball when it comes to play my shot, but because it was taking a long time to load (not a problem on my end, multi-player games always take time to load, doesn't happen when I play on my own) I wasn't as 'awake' as I would normally be, and I actually only had 25 seconds left to play my shot in one instance because I hadn't realised the game had finished loading, and there wasn't any sound to prompt me.

• PAGES
RSS