Equipping 3 Wedges

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 11 2021 6:50 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Greg8107
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 7:37 AM

Hi all,

Probably a really nooby question but how do I equip my three wedges and lose the starter hybrid club that I never use?

I have 56, 60 and 64 degree wedges.

Cheers,

Greg.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 8:24 AM

Drag that HB out of your bag to create the empty slot. Then drag your wedge there. Save.  :-)

*edit- Looks like you figured it out. Now think about adding a 4th wedge instead of that 3W. Until you get to the longer tees that 3W wouldn't get used as often as a 4th wedge would.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 2:08 PM

YankeeJim:

Drag that HB out of your bag to create the empty slot. Then drag your wedge there. Save.  :-)

*edit- Looks like you figured it out. Now think about adding a 4th wedge instead of that 3W. Until you get to the longer tees that 3W wouldn't get used as often as a 4th wedge would.

What 4th wedge would you recommend?  At Legend, I need the 3W, but others might benefit from knowing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 2:35 PM

DoctorLarry:
    What 4th wedge would you recommend?  At Legend, I need the 3W, but others might benefit from knowing.

You base it on the coverage gaps from the 64W to the set PW. Use punch shot distances to fill the gaps and get them as small as possible. When I ran with them (all the way up to Legend) I had all 4 Satin oilcan wedges, since discontinued. I would do the same thing today with the CGs.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 8:40 AM

Hello Jim,

Sorry for coming to this thread to ask you something.  I tried to do it on your profile page, but for some reason you've blocked me.

I was wondering why you are not a Tour Champion.  I don't know 100% how it works, but you are at level 130, WAY more than some Tour Champions.  You have an average of around 56, WAY lower than some Tour Champions. 

Sorry again sir, for coming here to communicate.

Henry Kawa.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 8:58 AM

HenryKawa:
    I was wondering why you are not a Tour Champion.

I don't play enough ranked rounds. Never have.  I'll get there eventually but it'll be by natural attrition. AS is where it's at for me. 

TCs that have a higher average only have it because they're legit TCs, posting actual rounds and their new average could pretty well be defined as their real average. Their average will saturate eventually and then they'll be headed back to the low 50s. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 9:54 AM

Not that it particularly matters in probably more than a chits and giggles way:

Red tees will swarm TC soon.  Nothing against that as badges are important to some, and maybe a very few even have to work at that (presumably as play blindfolded).

I can't help but think if they set up a few weekly / monthly single plays as points earners for tier promotion it might be fun.  Keep the amount needed sensible and a few might switch on enough (with a decent ball) to get the new tier? 

As it stands TC just exists and is as useful as "averages" for judging anything and is nothing to actually aim for (way a good few would see it).

EDIT: and yes wedges (64 up) should have a chart with every yard from a couple through where the PW marries the 9 iron, no guessing gaps needed.

• batesvillegolfer
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 7 2020 6:51 PM

How do you do it on mobile game?

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 4:10 AM

batesvillegolfer:

How do you do it on mobile game?

613560.aspx

616322.aspx

• davem58
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 12:16 PM

I go to edit clubs!! For some reason I can't drag my 3W or uncheck it. For that matter I can't even sell it!! What am I doing wrong or can I even do it??

• PAGES
RSS