Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to Wolf Creek and Tour Champion! And Introducing...

Sat, Sep 5 2020 5:30 AM (165 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:50 AM

DAZZA501:
    I'll give it a couple of weeks and we'll have people moaning they can't compete at TC tier.

I'm sure you're correct. But for many of them, it will be their own fault. For now, they can enjoy the attaboys for making it to TC tier. 

And I agree that WGT should have listened to many of the suggested criteria offered over the last couple of years. It was definitely a mistake to only include average in the calculation (if they weren't going to exclude scores from less than the default tees/green speeds). 

At a minimum, WGT probably should have included earnings and kept the tier at "by invitation only." Regardless, with the new tier opened up and the champion tier being cleared out, I might start looking at playing some tournaments. Now, I might have half a chance. :-) 

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:59 AM

Whilst I never like going in the water, I was pleased to see that at Wolf's Creek, balls in the lakes were correctly deemed lost and replacement ball placed by the hazard.

On a number of other courses, balls are hit into ditches and the ball is incorrectly deemed as lost, and the next shot taken from original hitting spot.

Clearly there is a mechanic on this course that correctly interprets the rules!  Any chance of fixing the incorrect interpretations on the other courses where they have always happened??

Always a pleasure playing stroke play on a new course - looks like this one will be a great hit, with a good challenge!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:14 AM

Robert1893:
    with the new tier opened up and the champion tier being cleared out, I might start looking at playing some tournaments. Now, I might have half a chance. :-) 

Never thought about that!  You could be onto something.  :-)

• RickRR
    119 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:47 AM

I guess I am one of the lucky one's, I played Wolf Creek 4 or 5 times yesterday to include a Ready-Go with some success, never a glitch or disconnect during any of the games. I even played 2 multi-player games with a friend, no glitches or disconnects. We did lose a couple of balls, but that is expected. 

I hand it to you WGT good job.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:16 AM

While there is definitely some "clearing out" you may be surprised by some of the players that "missed the cut".   After a quick glance, there are still likely going to be some very competitive players in the Champion tier, who score very well but passed on playing easy red tee tournaments to lower their average into those crazy low numbers.  That doesn't mean everyone with extremely low averages were red tee champions but their was a mix of players who got promoted and who were left behind.    However, many of the promotions are still filtering so may take a month or so to see what happens...

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:36 AM

@el3n1

No, I wouldn't be surprised at all by who's left. I'm sure there are excellent players who remain champions, and the tier will continue to be extremely competitive. 

More than anything, I was really posting tongue-in-cheek. Nevertheless, a lot of excellent players did get promoted, so the tier is (by definition) a bit less competitive today. 

• poldimaier
    2,346 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:43 AM

Great course and really fun to play......would be a first-class skiing area, too ;-)

THX guys!!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:56 AM

Robert1893:

DAZZA501:
    I'll give it a couple of weeks and we'll have people moaning they can't compete at TC tier.

I'm sure you're correct. But for many of them, it will be their own fault. For now, they can enjoy the attaboys for making it to TC tier. 

And I agree that WGT should have listened to many of the suggested criteria offered over the last couple of years. It was definitely a mistake to only include average in the calculation (if they weren't going to exclude scores from less than the default tees/green speeds). 

At a minimum, WGT probably should have included earnings and kept the tier at "by invitation only." Regardless, with the new tier opened up and the champion tier being cleared out, I might start looking at playing some tournaments. Now, I might have half a chance. :-) 

^^^^^ This.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:09 AM

poldimaier:
    Great course and really fun to play......would be a first-class skiing area

Too many moguls.  :-D

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:09 AM

DAZZA501:
    I'll give it a couple of weeks and we'll have people moaning they can't compete at TC tier. Wgt haven't listened to any suggestions regarding promotion to this tier. We'll end up with another tier that's higher. Elite & Tour Elite will be here in a years time and it will happen all over again.

+1 Thats the normal pattern as usual . If they would have taken the top 200 - 250 money earners that would have done it . At least those players would have earned it which is the way it should be . For now its the same old thing and the same players and another hoop to jump through .

Also whats up with the winds on Wolf Creek . Ive played a few practice rounds with moderate winds , and the winds were 10+ mph . The lowest winds for 9 holes were 9 - 11 mph . So what are the true normal winds for that course and land region ? Because every round Ive played the winds reflect St. Andys or CB to name a few . Or in my old age am I just getting forgetful and looking for a tin foil hat ? No wise cracks needed :-) 

RSS