Forums

Help › Forums

Being moderated-my take.

Mon, Mar 21 2022 8:27 AM (137 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 5:38 AM
    It is the way of the world now . People cannot wait to be offended by any little thing . 75,000 people can shout at a sportsman about his wife , family or anything else but when the sportsman responds they cannot wait to say they have been offended . That is why race , religion etc are now banned from even your local pub conversation . Got to say the americans started this with their i will sue you for anything criteria . Easy money .
  • gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 5:50 AM

pdb1:
      It is " Freakin Ridiculous " . To be a non risk , a non threat , positive , good intentioned  sometimes helpful poster . Not guilty of anything . It is not right to have that much control over someone

Perhaps some of the moderators memories go back to where someone had a fraudulent *Go Fund Me* page, & decided to sweep up in this house as well.

A *kerfuffle* like that never leaves the grounds of inequity

Some times people wipe their own minds clean of any indiscretion, so, they never have to be accountable for their actions......

IDK, just thought I would chime in about moderation. I have been on it for years.

Makes no difference to me. I need not the avarice of seeing self serving propaganda.

But wait, maybe this will be the one that makes it.............  

• Cel7
    107 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 7:41 AM

so here are two questions.......

I am still being moderated and have been my entire time here, since 2014.  I post stuff very rarely, and i figured that the number of posts that i have posted are the reason i am being moderated...I dont know that for sure....maybe they have a "moron" filter and thats why i am moderated.

But.....more importantly......this game means a lot to some of you for sure......thinking just purely theoretically, if you were to start a game from scratch, and you were to put too hard a clamp down on a forum for the players to discuss, you would be stifling a very real need....the need for a place that people can have a frank discussion with great candor about the game that they love.  In theory, if you were too heavy handed and made it impossible to fulfill that need, somebody clever, would jump forward with an alternative to say "Hey.....they wont let us do what we want and need....we dont need them to do it....we can do it ourselves.".  Just a thought....which maybe you guys will never see because....well.......Im still on my 7 year probation :)

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 11:51 AM

I have moderated myself from my country club forum for 4 weeks now .

Trying too hard i posted comments that offended a country club member and she felt obliged to leave .

I got it in the neck for that so i removed myself from the conflict .

Forum was crap anyway and she was a prima donna who i am not missing one little bit .

Exactly the type i was talking about . She couldn't wait to be offended .

Feel Some Type Of Way GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 12:28 PM

Optical Illusions

RSS