Forums

Help › Forums

Being moderated-my take.

Mon, Mar 21 2022 8:27 AM (137 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 4:42 AM

Competitors, players, golf fanatics, or people in general who just love the game of golf ALLL have suggestions, ideas, thoughts, opinions, experience in regards to improving our playing experience here on WGT and these "moderators" / kids do not understand the meaning of "agree to disagree". We - the players - are grown men, women, ADULTS that can handle a little backlash from other players,,my goodness. 

I am being moderated for writing a post that was nowhere nearly as offensive as most post can be and STILL ARE. Being moderated for a post that the moderators can't even remember, it was soooo long ago, ahh okay. Being moderated for over a YEAR, WRONG.

I have been on mod for over a year. I know these mods are young kids with a lot to learn  but a little advice, know who and most importantly WHY someone is being moderated and even more importantly than that, be sure the "TIME FITS THE CRIME".

Some sort of a power trip,,,truly. It is laughable. I've been here sooo long that the forums were a place to go and  have little extra curricular activity. The topics were always changing. Some heated discussions, others with strong sound advice and or suggestions about the game.

NOW - Pa'leeease! You can speak your mind much more freely in a church, synagogal, temple, chabad house, etc,,etc,,.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 7:53 AM

We listen to any and all suggestions. We even relay most of them to the rest of the team here. 

You seem to be really fixated by my age, and I'm honestly wondering how old you think I am. 

My job is to keep the "backlash" to a minimum between players. That does not mean you can't debate things or disagree with one another. It does mean that if a player posts something that's insulting to another player they may end up in moderation. If a player does it many times, they're definitely going to be in moderation. During the course of that moderation if they continue to be insulting to others in the forums or on another player's wall, they will probably remain in moderation forever. 

It's truly up to the player to be civil with others and post within our posting guidelines to avoid being in moderation. 

Now I guess I should get ready for school since I'm a little kid or something. 

_CHAMPION 

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 11:06 AM

Welcome to the club . Are you still being made to sit in the corner on the naughty stool. lol.

I was moderated for posting a couple of funny photo's . Well I thought they were funny .

Five days I got until they realised they were missing me .

Nobody even reads my posts on who will have the last word so basically I was moderated for talking to myself .

Can I risk a funny - might get 10 days for this . heyho .

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 12:47 PM

Overtheedge thats just plain ridiculous to be blocked out for that long . The problem with forums is that you cant really feel out a person based on words typed on a website. Vulgar language I understand or maybe even talking about ones Momma lol.

I left WGT for almost 4 years because well I wont go there again because ill get moderated I think lol. 

But to be moderated for over a year you must have mooned the enitre staff on a Live youtube video and talked about their Mommas ..

But if your observant you can tell a lot about a person or even age range of people that are on here . At least I can and it sounds like you can too. Good Day .

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 12:50 PM

That's not "even" funny craig!

You will prolly get 6 more months of solitary confinement as soon as Champion gets home from school!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 12:52 PM

Icon, please remove my brother from moderation! He's a great man and been here almost from the get go. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 12:55 PM

pjctas0822:

Overtheedge thats just plain ridiculous to be blocked out for that long .

LOL, there a a few who have been on "moderation" for many many years, they could do 1 year chained to a pole in a junkyard!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 2:29 PM

overtheedge:
    Being moderated for over a YEAR, WRONG.

I was on moderation for over 2 years. 1 day I message a moderator--- (Champ I think it was)---and asked if I could be taken off moderation.  20 minutes later, it was like magic. It pays to be nice.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 2:30 PM

WGTChampion:
    Now I guess I should get ready for school

Don't forget a apple for the teacher. LOL

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 2:32 PM

craigswan:
    Nobody even reads my posts on who will have the last word so basically I was moderated for talking to myself .

I look forward to reading your post--some are just to funny. Keep them coming.

RSS