Help › Forums

Being moderated-my take.

Mon, Mar 21 2022 8:27 AM (137 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2021 7:30 PM

pdb1:

Thanks guys . It feels GR8 .

Congratulations on being busted out of forum prison.

Hopefully via this thread or through your own powers of deduction you have a clear enough idea what got you moderated before, so you can stay a free man this time.

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 2:58 AM

Cuttlefish are better at remembering what they ate for lunch last Wednesday than most humans..

because they always eat the same thing for every meal .

they never have dementia .

Interviewer: wednesday week?

Cuttlefish: oh, I had seafood.

Interviewer: Thursday before that?

Cuttlefish: seafood .

Interviewer: okay, six weeks ago?

Cuttlefish: seafood.

Interviewer: this is astounding..

• ct690911
    7,198 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2021 7:16 AM

pdb1:

Wutpa:

Congratulations on being busted out of forum prison.

Hopefully via this thread or through your own powers of deduction you have a clear enough idea what got you moderated before, so you can stay a free man this time.

Thanks

Well what I do have clear is how to stay unmoderated . Never really had mutual acknowledgement of exactly what was the basis of that . But it's finally all good now . I won't have any problems keepin it that way .

The problem has always been wgt's (lack of) consistency with their policies. I was moderated for a year for lesser "crimes" than many others who received no penalty at all. It often depends on whatever mood the moderator is in that day....sad really.

ct

• craigswan
    31,005 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 2:18 AM

Golf Putt GIF - Golf Putt Lipout GIFs

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 3:11 PM

pdb1:
      Good grief man . I didn't ask you . Nobody asked you . Neither of you are qualified to make any diagnosis on anyone .

Figured this part above it all needed to be addressed.

Diagnosis. I didn't make one. I just made a general assessment without a diagnosis.

Now as to me, because you pushed it. 

I'm a dentist. got my doctorate at 23. Could have done anything i wanted including med school. I'm that kind of test taker. Wanted the independence of a dental practice as opposed to groups and hospitals.

What i do is see 20-30 patients a day. And i've done it for 30 years now. Dentists are often the first medical professional to catch alot of  problems. Many people see us more than they see their MD. The number of cases of where we see a High blood pressure that we've referred that got diagnosed as hypertension is in the 100s over the years.

What I also have seen are all kinds of mental disorders and problems. Autism of various types, tourette's, alzheimers, dementia of various origins , anxiety of various degrees, depression  etc. Also with these sometimes I'm the first person that tells a spouse or a child that they should probably get their family member evaluated by an MD.

So... when i say that i don't think your synapses are  connecting right. I'm not making a diagnosis but an observation.  As to what that medical diagnosis is i leave that to the people that can legally make that determination. 

although one could go by twinponds super generic non medical observation which is you're just "nuckin futs".

• ct690911
    7,198 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 3:54 PM

"...although one could go by twinponds super generic non medical observation which is you're just "nuckin futs"."

Ouch...a fairly harsh "observation". There are some posters on here I have come to respect...for both their opinions and their ability to articulate those opinions. Mythanatos is one of them. That said, I have to disagree with both him and twinponds on this one. Paul has always struck me as verbose, but basically harmless with his posts. He is not an overt narcissist like some nor is he a BS'er. I did have a problem with him during the go fund me issue, but we have resolved that.  

Some people on here are just plain nasty...mean spirited and love to bully others. Paul is none of these things. I also don't think he is mentally handicapped in any way. He seems to do his best to help others and, even when his advice is off the mark, it is provided with the best of intentions.

My view, anyway.

ct

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2021 4:24 PM

Your View = My View

Well said, ct. Respect!

RSS