Being moderated-my take.

Mon, Mar 21 2022 8:27 AM (137 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 2:46 PM

callaghan159:

overtheedge:
    Being moderated for over a YEAR, WRONG.

I was on moderation for over 2 years. 1 day I message a moderator--- (Champ I think it was)---and asked if I could be taken off moderation.  20 minutes later, it was like magic. It pays to be nice.

A message to Champion would have been much better than the OP...I think you'll be with CT for a while longer after that.  CT needs the company anyway.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 3:00 PM

pmm711:

callaghan159:

overtheedge:
    Being moderated for over a YEAR, WRONG.

I was on moderation for over 2 years. 1 day I message a moderator--- (Champ I think it was)---and asked if I could be taken off moderation.  20 minutes later, it was like magic. It pays to be nice.

A message to Champion would have been much better than the OP...I think you'll be with CT for a while longer after that.  CT needs the company anyway.

CT has been fully pardoned. I again thank Secret Santa for granting that wish after 14 long months..:))

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 12:48 AM

I look forward to reading your post--some are just to funny. Keep them coming.

thanks for that mr Callaghan - encouragement indeed .

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 3:13 AM

craigswan:

I look forward to reading your post--some are just to funny. Keep them coming.

thanks for that mr Callaghan - encouragement indeed .

I have been called many names but never Mr.---lol

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 5:24 AM

Some people need to be on moderation ..

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 1:28 PM

Out on the front page was something about scary story time.  This may be scary to some, but it is staying on topic.

Won't say where, when, or by whom, but just recently I heard that someone who had been on moderation, they were taken off and that lasted one day, and then they were back on moderation.  You never know who reads what.

Scary, maybe?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 1:46 PM

You aint missing much.

Those days are gone.......

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:54 AM

WGTChampion:
    really fixated by my age,

First off - I have no idea WHO is sitting behind the desk moderating the post.

Second - I wasn't even referring to you, but now that you replied, nuff said.

Lastly - As I stated, be sure the TIME FITS THE CRIME. I posted NOTHING more offensive than MOST post I read.

I posted an emoji face on someone's wall. It was so long ago I can't remember who but it was an emoji. My goodness. Either way, I read more offensive, aggressive, nasty, post in some topics that absolutely call for moderation. Some do, but others IF they do get moderated it may be for  a month, or even 2 or 3 months, but I am on for over a YEAR posting an emoji face on someone's wall.

This all said, I'm not saying I shouldn't have been moderated but, OVER A YEAR,,,come on.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 4:03 AM

Those day are gone because

of the bullies . the gang members teaming up against weaker people .

And also wgt treating adults like school kids .

But it is the way forums are run everywhere .

Political correctness gone mad .

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 11:24 AM

craigswan:
    And also wgt treating adults like school kids .

The statement that a few of you have made about us all being adults is not correct. Children as young as 13 can join WGT. And there may be even younger children reading these with their parents.

With teens being able to access the forums we all need to be a little more thoughtful about what and how we post. 

Also there are adults that act so childish that they need to be treated as children.

RSS