Forums

Help › Forums

Improved CC play

Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:00 PM (93 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 5:03 AM

TarheelsRule:

Second issue is the 20% WGT rake, come on guys even Vegas only takes 10% of the losers bet.

This has to be one of the biggest rip offs ever.  These are credits bought by players that are eventually going to be spent in the game so why WGT feels the need to steal from the winners purse is beyond me. 

If they keep doing it I think it's only fair that they take up the suggestion of sponsoring prizes for clubs, otherwise they're really taking all those credits for doing nothing.  We've had a few tournament with a 100cr entry fee, that's a fair bit of credit income for WGT.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 12:48 PM

bumpity bump...

(Owner Island Park C.C.)

C.C. tier specific tournaments

mass mail club members

Another Idea members of our club are yapping about :

ability to donate used clubs to the club for use by other club members that are considering upgrading.   An example--I have a set of ping raptures collecting dust.  I dont want to sell them back to the game because what I would get for them wouldnt buy a decent sleeve of balls.  If i could donate them to the club and members want to rent them for a nominal fee (not at the WGT rental price either) for a set number of hours, and have a way to manage those credits to help upgrade the club in whatever manner such as number of members, prize handouts, even helping a member out in distress, ect....

Im located in the sticks in Minnesota in real life and we dont have any of the big name courses around here..but every course around here you go to offers rentals of a putter or a set of irons or a driver that  other club members had donated to the course for use by someone playing that course.

Just a thought

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 3:54 PM

As a maintenance issue, it's not possible to remove tourneys that you or your players create that you might not want created (or where you made a mistake). Also, in my club, we have tiered tournaments where I can SAY that only [x] average or above can enter, but we get one or two folks entering saying they didn't read the description correctly.

Therefore, I believe club owners need a LOT more access to tourney maintenance - changing features of any tourneys for our CCs or deleting them before any players have played. (Wouldn't be fair after players have started playing.) And removing players from tourneys if they don't belong, leave the club during the tourney, etc.

Of course, as others said, if we had the ability to do tourneys by level/tier/avg and WGT itself would enforce that, then these after-the-fact admin tools would be less needed.

Jay

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 10:26 PM

I agree with ya there.

• supranoz
    310 Posts
    Thu, Aug 11 2011 2:53 AM

I dont believe this situation goes on and on all WGT is doing taking the money from present members endless money train. Fix the problems  the owners of the clubs have asked for so they can make it more interesting for all WGT members. I am sure you will find your subscription will increase. You cant lose you outlay play money in comes real money!!!!

• bumstead69
    7 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 10:36 AM

When I played Tiger Woods on line with PC game, they had tournaments set up between

clubs without a problem. Why can't WGT do the same??

• tezzastheman
    1,162 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:44 PM

it should be easy, thats true mr bumstead!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2011 4:01 AM

Here's another Idea...

Currently our club is puttin gup Tournaments and a few members would like to share their creds to offer prizes.

It would be nice to have a donate option for the club to build a pool of credits to allocate to prizes.

The only way to do this now is by entering a Match Play for  credits and forfeiting to give to the club owner to use for this 'pool'..

along the way of course, WGT take their share though.

• supranoz
    310 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2011 3:39 PM

I like that idea where you can pool the credits, Its a wonder WGT dont have this set up for the owners of clubs to use???? but i guess talking to the brick wall again

• stevenjack
    71 Posts
    Mon, Sep 5 2011 6:25 AM

I AGREE 100%...WHY CAN'T WE PLAY OTHER MEMBERS IN CC TOURNAMENTS ?    WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO CC TOURNAMENTS !!

RSS