Forums

Help › Forums

CHAMBERS BAY REDUX - OFFICIAL POSTABLES

Sat, May 7 2022 5:53 PM (542 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:31 PM

MioKontic:
    Maybe you are on about something different because the table I was referring to is still showing on page 44

Yep, going on about something else.

The table I prepared shows the approximate distance from green to the signs that were located on the first 6 holes.

Scott and I were discussing the hole distance as shown on scorecard (which would be tee to green)

When starting a 3-hole practice round, a quick look at the scorecard, when first starting on first tee, will reveal whether any of the 3 holes are #8 or #9.  If none of the right distances are on the card then you just have to keep restarting round, without hitting ball, until the holes distances match the ones you want.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:58 PM

MioKontic:
    Unfortunately I came up with nothing!  Hugely disappointed!

I hear that.

I figured, as you were on #8 last nite, I would check out #9. I too hit all around the traps in front and right of green, as well as the clearing to right and up the right side to the road.  I had googled earth open in a different window which helped to figure out where I was at times.

I was hitting from the short tee box. At first, I hit 90 yards off to the right of the tee, down the hill. As, wherever I landed, I could not see my avatar, I ruled that area out.

I do say, the traps in front right, and along right side look like a great place for the sign but may be too noticeable to players who miss horribly short or go right. Even so, there are so many small hills of deep brush, it could be there, but I am going to move to a different area.

I know OPY camped out in these traps for a while, but I will have to go back and find those pages and see if we can rule out areas now. I thought Scott had kept track of where OPY had been.

On #8, both the top of the left ridge and 3/4 down fairway to right where there are some paths of sand looks good. I hacked around there, hitting in different directions, and distances hoping to get lucky.

It seems no way until we can set out some quadrants and then methodically go back and forth hitting 5 - 10 yards at a time. I shudder to think how long that will take with just the two of us.

However, it is a busy few days heading into the holiday and we may have more time, and help, when people are not working.

I am not happy to report, some areas were heavily impacted from candy wrappers and bottles. It appears that sometime ago, someone must have raided the clubhouse and had themselves quite the party.  I had my dogs with me and one of them dug up an old pair of pants, about 65 yards short of the green, between two bunkers in deep brush. When I went to investigate and found a pair of Hello Kitty underpants. Not wanting to pick them up, I used my feet to cover them with sand.  I did put a pink tee in the ground to mark the area.

EDIT: I want to point out, the underpants were adult size.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 2:44 PM

HamdenPro:
    I figured, as you were on #8 last nite, I would check out #9

Did you happen to come across, what I deemed a "trap door of some kind", behind and to the right of the green?

Also, just off the cart path on the left and slightly behind the green, there appears to be a "shadow" of a sign.

Keep fighting the good fight. If not for the months of therapy needed for my previous excursions, I would be more than willing to jump right back in.

LOL

Don

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 4:38 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Did you happen to come across, what I deemed a "trap door of some kind", behind and to the right of the green?

I did not get behind the green. My 15 shots ended as I was working my way towards the far right near the clearing to the right.

TopShelf2010:
    Also, just off the cart path on the left and slightly behind the green, there appears to be a "shadow" of a sign

I do not think the shadow of "THE" sign would be visible and not the sign. As you know, these signs are only visible when you are right up on them. You can be 4 yards away and not see the sign and then chip a few feet and there it is.

If you go on google earth, you will see that every 30 or so feet is a small white sign which says, "Please, Golf Patrons Only Beyond This Point". I wonder if the shadow you saw was from one of these.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:42 AM

Scott - If your out there...

I was wondering if Yancy, or you, ever plotted the known sign's locations on the course map to see if they look like they form a pattern.  According to Yancy's notes, there is a "finish" to all this. If so, it is possible the signs were not placed randomly.

Further, given the alien connection, it is possible that the signs line up in some pattern only seen from high altitude, ala Nazca Lines....

• Cicero733
    2,296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 6:14 AM

You think the Anunnaki flew all the way from Orion’s Belt just to visit this abandoned rock quarry?

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 7:32 AM

Cicero733:
    You think the Anunnaki flew all the way from Orion’s Belt just to visit this abandoned rock quarry?

Actually, I was thinking that it might be the "greys". Out of the 10 known alien species, the greys seem most probable.

My understanding is the greys are not friendly and are the ones most responsible for the abductions.

Based upon my research, and the alarming number of WGT members who have dissapeared, having last friended Yancycan, I believe Yancycan may have been assisting the greys.

It makes perfect sense. Why else would Yancy insist that his "team" search for signs over two years and then abandon them before the last two signs were found? Why have so many of his investigative team disappeared? Where is Yancy now?  

Finally, how do you explain this (Yancy's pic under anti polarization spectral light)?

• Cicero733
    2,296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 8:56 AM

I’ve met that guy before. He runs a refreshment stand nestled in among the trees on the left hand side of hole #9 at BPB right at the dogleg. He also employs a Sasquatch assistant who collects lost golf balls for resale. They are a rather friendly bunch.

One serious question if I might. Are these signs you are looking for Easter eggs of some kind? Have you tried left/right/double clicking to see if they “open”? Well, two questions actually. I think many of us have encountered errant golf balls resting at various places in many of the courses. One time you see them, the next time they are gone. Evidently they are easy to place/move/remove. Do you think someone could possibly be doing that to your signs as you orienteer closer to them?

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 9:22 AM

Cicero733:
    Are these signs you are looking for Easter eggs of some kind?

The signs are like the easter eggs to the extent that they can only be seen if your avatar is at the exact place it needs to be or they are not visible to humans and, tthey are not there IRL.

Cicero733:
    Have you tried left/right/double clicking to see if they “open”?

Tried that once. CraigSwan popped out in a bunny costume....once is enough!!

Cicero733:
    I think many of us have encountered errant golf balls resting at various places in many of the courses

Those "errant balls" are OPEYOIDS of color....do not disturb. They are collected in the evening by the grounds crew and recycled as Swan fodder.

• craigswan
    31,006 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 11:42 AM

Night time activity at chambers .

Keegan Bradley of the United States hits his tee shot on the 16th hole during the second round of the 115th U.S. Open Championship at Chambers Bay on...

RSS