CHAMBERS BAY REDUX - OFFICIAL POSTABLES

Sat, May 7 2022 5:53 PM (542 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:53 AM

MioKontic:
    it simply disappeared from view at the next camera angle

Hmmmm...

If the sign cannot be viewed by all angles, and disappears, that is a game changer. That would certainly indicate, if it is not blocked by the mound and disappears, that is something of interest.

Usually, you have to be right up on it to see it and yours is seen from great distance.

Probably should go on Google and see if it can be seen IRL.

I do not have time to do that now, but I am definitely going to explore further.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:58 AM

I reviewed the pics of the first six signs. All six signs are cut where one side is straight (vertically) and the other end is cut like an arrow pointing the way.

The sign you found seems like it is uneven on both sides.

Plus, all signs, so far, can be read from the front side.  If you cannot get close enough to read it, what is the purpose of WGT putting in there. That would not make sense.

Regrettably, I do not think that is the sign we are looking for.  Can't be sure unless can get to the front side and read it and, if you cannot, kinda rules that one out. IMO

BTW. I was wrong that all have two signs on post, some just had the one.

Here is the sign you found enlarged:

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 8:06 AM

This is about the closest I can get to it; if I try to get close the camera angle doesn't show the sign.

The greenkeepers have seen me hacking up their course, so I'm off now to play some extremely slow players to get a few worthless apparel boxes.  I'll try hole 9 later,

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 8:11 AM

Very sorry Hamden, I hadn't realised you had been replying.  I think you are right, it is NOT the sign we are looking for.  I've looked on Google Maps, but I just can't get low enough to see anything in that area.

So, to sum up... it seems I've just wasted an hour of my time, as well as the time I wasted a couple of years ago.

I have looked quite a bit around the paths to the right of the 8th fairway, but saw nothing (except a green box).

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 8:16 AM

Great work out there..

Later I will provide a report with some photographic support. I was able to put together a SAR team but they quickly disbanded due to intoxicating shroom dust, plus, due to wind shift, the opeyoids made it somewhat unpleasant.

Strange, I did encounter legless people, they seem to be floating in the air, on the cart path. I also saw the strangest thing...at first it looked like a head sticking up from the concrete, as I got closer, I could swear it looked like Yancy. I could only see the back of the head, it popped out of nowhere. As I got closer, it simply disappeared. See below...I think it was Yancy but I have only seen him from the front, on his baseball card.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 8:22 AM

MioKontic:
    Very sorry Hamden, I hadn't realised you had been replying

No worries, just know, when you are out there in the cold, getting lonely, getting old, can you feel me? Standing in the rough, with itchy feet and fading smiles, Can you feel me?

I have your back.

Don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall

• ScottHope
    10,101 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 11:09 AM

HP, you can choose your tee for practise rounds, just click the tees box before going out to the course, same for the hole location, green speed and wind. ; )

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 11:16 AM

ScottHope:
    just click the tees box before going out to the course

Ha, good to know. I kind of figured you were monitoring things somewhere up there.

I deleted that portion of my prior reply which alluded to distances on the scorecard since, having now been enlightened, I see where it would be misleading, as the distance will vary dependent upon the tees selected.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 12:40 PM

HamdenPro:

ScottHope:
    just click the tees box before going out to the course

Ha, good to know. I kind of figured you were monitoring things somewhere up there.

I deleted that portion of my prior reply which alluded to distances on the scorecard since, having now been enlightened, I see where it would be misleading, as the distance will vary dependent upon the tees selected.

Umm... no it won't, because the table showed approximate DISTANCE FROM GREEN, not distance from tee  :)

EDIT:  Maybe you are on about something different because the table I was referring to is still showing on page 44.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:30 PM

I've hacked around 8 and 9 some more, mostly to the left of the 8th fairway, and all round the bunkers in front of the green on 9 as well as beyond the green (on the road), and also into the clearing and beyond to the right of the green.  Unfortunately I came up with nothing!  Hugely disappointed!

RSS