30,953 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 11:46 AM

chambers bay golf range ball stamps .

Chambers Bay Golf Course03

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 12:59 PM

HamdenPro:
    Scott - If your out there... I was wondering if Yancy, or you, ever plotted the known sign's locations on the course map to see if they look like they form a pattern.  According to Yancy's notes, there is a "finish" to all this. If so, it is possible the signs were not placed randomly.

I'm here. So you want lines drawn from all the signs to each of the other signs on a map?

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 1:17 PM

ScottHope:
    So you want lines drawn from all the signs to each of the other signs on a map?

I think that would only be 720 variations...should not take long.

Seriously, if you agree that it is a distinct possibility that the layout of the signs creates an identifiable object from viewing from above, I think this would be a good idea and could help us narrow a search area.

Obviously, without knowing where 8 and 9 are, it may be a little difficult, so maybe won't help at all.

Any thoughts?

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 1:36 PM

Lol, I'm not doing 720 variations. I thought you meant a 'dot to dot' kind of thing.  : ))

If you have a Google account you can copy my Chamber Bay signs map and add layers, lines and shapes to that.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 1:45 PM

ScottHope:
    I'm not doing 720 variations. I though you meant a 'dot to dot' kind of thing. 

No dot to dot, I can do that while waiting for my dentist.

OK...seriously now, I actually am looking to be able to pinpoint the exact location of each sign overlayed over a course layout. From there, I can go through the different variations of connecting the lines to see if there is a pattern, not unlike the Nazca lines.

Although, it may be as simple as connecting the dots in order sign 1 to sign 2 to 3 etc. 

Yancy was somewhat on to this idea by thinking this may have a connection with star charts and, he just may be right, or it could be as simple as Chad Nelson's initials, who knows or a Hello Kitty face or just a simple stick figure like this:

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 3:32 PM

I spent weeks on weeks looking for the last two signs along with some others and findings were nill , Now Im just thinking out side the box but could there be said signs on the back 9 ?

And I know nothing about any Hello Kitty under pants .

OPY

Side Note :  The old PC took a dump some time ago , and this little used lap top is only a crome so playing the game is out , But the word is from said elf that the new fancy lap top migh show up as early as tonight yet . So I am putting out some cookies and milk and a big fat bud for the man in red .

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 3:47 PM

opyeuclid:
    Now Im just thinking out side the box but could there be said signs on the back 9 ?

In, and amongst, the many pages of this thread, Yancy did say he asked his inside guy about the back 9 and was told to focus on the front. That does not mean that there is nothing on the back, but Yancy was convinced the front holds the key and that all things will be revealed.  Nonetheless, there may be things on the back.

The golf club leaning against "the lone tree".....could that be on the 15th behind the green or a different course altogether?

opyeuclid:
    And I know nothing about any Hello Kitty under pants

Just to be clear, I never said the underpants were yours, good gracious no! They were adult size and you look so stickly if they were yours, they would just fall off....hmmm. then again...

opyeuclid:
    So I am putting out some cookies and milk and a big fat bud for the man in red .

Easy there OPY, you just may end up with PureGro at your door.

BTW, new laps are always fun.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 4:27 PM

Yes the word was said sighs were on the front 9 , mind you my imfo passed down .and not knowing who the word was from the start how can you trust what you dont know for sure ,. I do know a lot of time was spent looking for the last two signs ,,,   

So here is what im thinking ,  one of you smart computer people do that " Point,s " on the lay out of the course . The 9 hole and the full 18  . we might just find something like a hint in the lines .

The golf club leaning on a tree I dont remember for sure but think its on a course added after , I have a full binder of paper notes some place but as Iv been dealing with two homes the notes got packed away and will be some time before I find them once more 

OPY

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:05 PM

HamdenPro:

ScottHope:
    I'm not doing 720 variations. I though you meant a 'dot to dot' kind of thing. 

No dot to dot, I can do that while waiting for my dentist.

OK...seriously now, I actually am looking to be able to pinpoint the exact location of each sign overlayed over a course layout. From there, I can go through the different variations of connecting the lines to see if there is a pattern, not unlike the Nazca lines.

Although, it may be as simple as connecting the dots in order sign 1 to sign 2 to 3 etc. 

Yancy was somewhat on to this idea by thinking this may have a connection with star charts and, he just may be right, or it could be as simple as Chad Nelson's initials, who knows or a Hello Kitty face or just a simple stick figure like this:

Hamden - this 'stick figure' was actually Simon Templar, or "The Saint", AKA Roger Moore:

The Saint was a TV series that originally aired in the UK between 1962-1969.  It still gets repeated today.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:12 PM

As a lot of time has already been spent looking for signs on 8 and 9, I do feel, as has already been suggested a few pages back, that we get confirmation from the WGT gods that those signs do indeed exist before we resume searches at any great length.  And/or indeed if any signs exist on the back 9.

RSS