Forums

Help › Forums

CHAMBERS BAY REDUX - OFFICIAL POSTABLES

Sat, May 7 2022 5:53 PM (542 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 9:47 PM

ScottHope:
    and mulligans, use them extensively when searching to make the most of your 15 shot limit.

Question:  Is there a shot limit if you play a Match Play or Alt Shot game?  If not, then I'm thinking the best way to search might be to load up the rock balls in a MP or AS game and just search the entirety of #8 and #9 to your heart's content. 

• ScottHope
    10,102 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:00 AM

Honestly Sam, I don't know. I would be very surprised though if there was a no shot limit on any mp game type as this would allow ne'er-do-wells to hold up the game indefinitely.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 1:22 AM

I'm pretty sure there is a 6-over par shot limit in MP (9 for par 3's, 10 for par 4's, and 11 for par 5's).  Don't know about Alt Shot, but I would expect it to be the same 6-over-par per pair.  Also, you can't use mulligans in those formats, so Single Stroke Play in practice mode is probably the most efficient, but you can probably have some fun if there are others with you, particularly if you use Skype/Discord too and use voice chat to discuss (and laugh at the places you get yourselves into!).  Is Practice mode available in multiplayer?

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 5:24 AM

MioKontic:
      Is Practice mode available in multiplayer?

Yes, you can create a mutli-player game and choose to play in practice mode. So, up to 4 can play.

I was wondering if you can create a custom course and play in practice mode. I cannot do this as I do not have those privleges.

If possible, it would be nice to make a custom course consisting of just holes 8 and 9 and then be able to play it in practice mode.

Anyway, off to work...good luck everyone.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 6:49 AM

Unfortunately I can't create custom courses either.  I suspect they would only be available to people in the same CC as hte won who created it.  Also, don't know if you can create one with just those two holes repeatedly.

Off to try holes 8 & 9 again.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 6:52 AM

I was thinking, as there is so much area to cover and so few searching, we have to figure a way to reduce the search area, especially since we are only limited to 15 shots, in practice rounds and cannot just jump to the holes we want.

We know the signs are not on the fairways or within a short distance around them or the greens.

It seems that the first 6 were all located either in sand traps or light brush. Further, the ones located in the brush seem to be in brush deeper than 40%. 

I propose trying to limit the search areas, at first, to sand traps located in areas of brush. I am going to try this later today. I am going to play into the trap and then search all areas within a few yards of the edges of the trap. I am going to start eliminating the traps, one by one.  Then I will move onto areas of deep brush and do the same, using 10 - 15 yards punch. I figure on using Scotts grids and start keep track of those squares that have been searched.

This is definitely going to take a while but will have more time after Thursday.

I think it should be easier looking if I had skeleton attire!

REMEMBER:   When playing on #9, BEWARE OF THE OPEYOIDS!!  That stuff is impossible to get out from between the spikes and my Mother is getting mad at the tracks I am leaving in the front hallway. Honestly, I can't keep blaming it on the dogs.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:21 AM

There is definitely a sign on the hill behind the 8th green click on image for a larger picture).

By taking millions of mulligans I'll see if there is any spot where it can be seen from.  Not sure yet if from this angle we see the front or the back of the sign.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:39 AM

After many attempts to get close to the sign, it simply disappeared from view at the next camera angle.  There is the possibility that it is obscured by the mound, but I doubt it.  On one shot the camera changed mid-flight and I was able to get a screenshot clearly showing that the sign is definitely not there from all angles - the sign should be roughly in the centre of the red circle and should clearly be seen from that height:

Because it can't be seen from all camera angles, I think we can safely assume this is the WGT sign, but I very much doubt we'll be able to get much closer to it.

Is there any way of zooming in on the app?  CTRL + scroll button doesn't work, and right clicking on the screen doesn't bring up any menu.

I will persevere to see if I can get closer to it.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:43 AM

MioKontic:
    There is definitely a sign on the hill behind the 8th

Good eyes but, I believe that is a sign directing the golfer to the next green. There is one like that on everyhole.  You can tell the by the shape of the sign. Below is a pic of a course directional sign and one of a US OPEN (location) sign like what we are looking for.

Also, the directional signs are located by grass cuts where you can easily walk, whereas the signs we want are located in places you never want to be.

Directionals to next green, there is IRL and can be seen, as here, from google.

Note the difference. The signs we want have two signs on post.

Wish I was out there with you.

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2021 7:50 AM

I've managed to get another in-flight shot, this time the sign is visible, but unfortunately stiill can't be read:

RSS