Forums

Help › Forums

CHAMBERS BAY REDUX - OFFICIAL POSTABLES

Sat, May 7 2022 5:53 PM (542 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:33 PM

HamdenPro:

Also, it helps, here is a link to a video of a flyover the front 9 of Chambers. Maybe someone can spot something 

Something I haven't managed to confirm is if these signs - the ones already found - actually exist on the real golf course.  If they don't, then the flyovers are rather redundant.  If they do exist, can we get low enough to actually see anything as small as these signs?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:43 PM

Just a friendly reminder from a former investigator...

"A" sign ( not confirmed as "THE" sign as one could never see the front of the sign ) was discovered back in the day on Hole #8. It is up on the hill behind the green. I will dig through my archives and see if I can drum up some old photo and whatnot.

Happy Hunting

Don

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:46 PM

TopShelf2010:

Just a friendly reminder from a former investigator...

"A" sign ( not confirmed as "THE" sign as one could never see the front of the sign ) was discovered back in the day on Hole #8. It is up on the hill behind the green. I will dig through my archives and see if I can drum up some old photo and whatnot.

Happy Hunting

Don

Thank you.  I knew I was looking up there for a reason, and I may well have seen the back of the sign, but I'm sure i'd have remembered if I'd seen the front of it too.  But like you say, if you can't see the front of it maybe it's not 'THE' sign.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:54 PM

MioKontic:
    can we get low enough

Last time I got low, I found myself in moderation. Exactly how low where you thinking?

The fly overs may help in identifying the terrain plus, I thought it was kinda cool.

I keep thinking the key lies in 40% or greater light brush.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:54 PM

Here's an interesting thought...

The sign on the 1st hole is actually in a bunker to the left of the 18th fairway.  Has anyone gone down the 18th into that bunker to see if it is there?  Without going through 40+ pages of this thread I don't know if that has been done, so give me 7 minutes to get there and I'll let you know  :)

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:58 PM

MioKontic:
    so give me 7 minutes to get there and I'll let you know  :)

Be careful of OPYOIDS, little brownish piles in the sand, can't miss them. I hear they are intoxicating so, stay clear.

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 4:10 PM

Haha Hamden.

Anyway, I made it to #18 in pretty sharpish time (with probably the best score I have ever shot on that couse for 8 holes!), and as you can see there is no sign on that piece of grass inside that bunker (you can click on the image to see it larger):

So we can safely say these signs have been 'doctored in', and any real life images or photos won't be of any help.

Note to self:  play all comps with starter ball and taking less than 15 seconds per shot.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 4:18 PM

MioKontic:
    as you can see there is no sign on that piece or grass inside that bunker

Based upon my compilations and whatnots, I believe we should start at approximately 75 yards from the green and make a circumview of the least desired areas and then work our way back towards tee to approximately 107 yards from green.

I am going to try a few practice mode restarts and see if I get lucky and can get to the 8th hole if not, I will have to wait to late and will play the first 7 to get there. 

• MioKontic
    4,590 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 4:23 PM

I'm off to bed now as it's just gone 12:20am, but I'll try again tomorrow.  I will follow your plan  :)

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 5:16 PM

MioKontic:
    I will follow your plan  :)

I just realized that 8 is a 5 par and 9 is the 3 par. My calculations for 75-103 from green are for #9. My guestimate for #8 is between 160 and 195 from green.

I know that OPY spent many nights camped out in his Hello Kitty tent on #9 and, once we get some input we may know where not to look on #9.

RSS