Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 6:48 PM
    personally 12 is ample............if you want to sign up + play then do so.........................if not dont......................simples. wouldnt bother me to play a 1st day hack. as long as their committed to the tournament.........................plus im not sure i could say to my CC buddy "right @@@@ off its my turn now"
  • pipala
    887 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 8:02 PM

Wow.

A huge amount of effort between a team of people goes into organising and running this tournament every year and it's for the benefit and enjoyment of all who take part. It's been hugely successful and as a team captain the past couple of years it's brought me into contact with some great people who have remained good friends.

For most of us the social aspect of this game is the attraction and the World Cup delivers that in bucket loads. To those trying to belittle it because it's "not elite" enough or because 2 match play games a month are too much, jog on and find something else or organise your own, see how that goes.

In my book the truly great players in this game are the ones who get involved in things like this and i've had the pleasure of meeting a few of them through the World Cup.

Cheers Finny and Co, I know how much goes into running this

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 8:27 PM

birchi:
    I just think it would make the event even better if the best players participate every year.

There's no question it would and I can tell you it is well on its way to being something to look forward to for the competition. CN declined the first year, my thinking being this was just another attempt to wake a community up. After seeing the first year I wanted to be a part of it and CN put up a team that eventually won the second year. It was thrilling for us.

The third year I went with 2 teams because the interest in the CC skyrocketed. We were looking to repeat and I stacked one of the teams with the best in the CC. Welcome to a rude awakening, apparently Paul's efforts paid off and the third year found teams coming out of the woodwork to play. 

It was a dogfight the entire way and in our end, we lost to a team of talented players that wasn't stacked like ours! I can only attribute that loss to the escalation of talent in the third year. I see CC's with 2 and 3 teams this year and I have no doubt it will be tougher than ever this year to make it to the top. That's some pretty good "best" if you ask me. It's all about the group that plays together.  :-)

• LillaSzak
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 9:41 PM
    Hi id like to enter my cc Squirrel killers :)
  • Andivo
    830 Posts
    Fri, Jan 12 2018 11:14 PM

Hi Paul...

VICTORIAE CC is in for 1 team.

You can tell me when I have to give you the 12 names of the team players?

Ciao

Federico

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 9:15 AM

hey lilla

at the moment we are full with 32 teams.as we have 4 groups it would need another 3 teams with yours to make 36.

im putting an open invitation to any team who wants to take part in this years world cup

the first 3 teams to accept will take part.

IT WILL STOP AT 36 TEAMS

finny

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 9:19 AM

PAULFINN52:

hey lilla

at the moment we are full with 32 teams.as we have 4 groups it would need another 3 teams with yours to make 36.

im putting an open invitation to any team who wants to take part in this years world cup

the first 3 teams to accept will take part.

IT WILL STOP AT 36 TEAMS

finny

You can pencil us in for a second team. Thanks!

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 10:43 AM

n sorry about this but we need 3 more teams to make the 36 teams

hopefully someone is out there with a team to put forward

finy

• Indian55
    2,997 Posts
    Sat, Jan 13 2018 11:02 AM

Would love to get in on it for sure.

Indian55 (Don) of indianred cc.

RSS