Forums

Help › Forums

Is the Tour W 64 degree wedge found at the Pro shop URL below, a ‘Lob’ Wedge . . .

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 30 2011 5:12 AM (7 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:28 PM

http://www.wgt.com/proshop/products.aspx?c=Wedges#c_3_12_Wedges_All_None

to replace the weaker 50-yd Lob Wedge Starter?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:36 PM

Yes. So is the Satin TP 64w.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:24 PM

Thanks again YJ and just to confirm on this point and my last reply; if I buy the TP 64W, then you're saying I drag the icon into my LW and thus i will have 2 LWs, correct?

But, when I play a round, I must choose whether to play with the LW Starter or the TP 64W, correct?

If so, then it appears that the higher you get in Tiers, then players must also learn not to drive the ball too far so that you can get in closer range for a 60-yd Satin LW shot with backspin rather just estimating how close you  might get with the lousy 50-yd Starter LW, correct? ;)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:27 PM

*secret*

Practice the punch shot

;)

• WiredBullets
    103 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:41 PM

For clarification,

You can put any wedge, in any wedge slot, whether it be a "Lob" wedge or a "sand" wedge or not. You can carry up to 4 wedges of any type if you'd like by simply replacing your hybrid and 3W. Most of the higher up players prefer to carry minimum of 3 wedges, some 4. So it honestly doesnt matter if it's a "lob" wedge or not.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 4:52 AM

Oldstir:
    If so, then it appears that the higher you get in Tiers, then players must also learn not to drive the ball too far so that you can get in closer range for a 60-yd Satin LW shot with backspin rather just estimating how close you  might get with the lousy 50-yd Starter LW, correct? ;)

Yes but you don't need to be in a higher tier to do this. Smart players will do just what you said and lay up to particular spots where they can use a club they're real comfortable with. It's a lot easier to lay up to 50 yards out than it is to mash away and deal with bad lies and shots. Play smart, plan your approaches and you will definitely benefit.

FWIW, each wedge gives you 5 different shots with 5 different yardages so with your 3 wedges you get 15 different yardages. Learn them all, you won't be sorry.  GL

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 5:09 AM

Thanks; so to replace the hybrid, do you simply drag the icon into it's place and then the extra wedge will appear in the bottom left club selction menu?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 5:12 AM

It sure will just make sure you save the changes you make in your bag. You can also use the mouse wheel (if you have one) to scroll through your club choices in the lower left. :-)

RSS