Forums

Help › Forums

Mouse DPI Settings

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:07 PM (7 replies)
  • KnuckleWoods
    2,484 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 6:37 AM

I just purchased the Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse  The factory DPI settings are  400, 800 and 2,000.  The settings range from 200 - 5,700 . My question is " What is a good DPI setting ?

• WiredBullets
    103 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 6:38 AM

Best guess.. play a practice round on each setting.. whichever setting you get the best results from as far as dings and score goes.. use that one :D

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 7:06 AM

KnuckleWoods:

I just purchased the Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse  The factory DPI settings are  400, 800 and 2,000.  The settings range from 200 - 5,700 . My question is " What is a good DPI setting ?

The higher the setting, the faster and more precise your cursor movements become. It is really just a matter of what is comfortable for you. WGT game format doesn't require high speed cursor movements as in some point and shoot type games. By the way you have the best mouse out there, IMO.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:50 AM

I just bought one today.... after reading this thread actually.

You just don't know how crappy your mouse is until you get a good one.

Fantastic buy.... thanks Six.......

Happy hitting

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:27 PM

Soulcatcher:

I just bought one today.... after reading this thread actually.

You just don't know how crappy your mouse is until you get a good one.

Fantastic buy.... thanks Six.......

Happy hitting

Your quite welcome, as you say most folks have no idea how good a mouse can be, the G500 is extremely comfortable, response time is INSTANTANEOUS! Cursor speed is easily adjustable. When you think about it, your mouse is your only real connection to the game. It makes good sense to have a good one.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:32 PM

Totally agree,When i purchased my G9X Logitech, I hit early for 30 mins,It also makes catching meter lag easier too,I will never go back to any type of standard mouse,

Regarding setting profiles on that mouse Jayme you can go on you tube and type in G500 settings and you will see demonstrations on how to adjust everything,But its just fine as it is for WGT,The only adjustment i had to make was to download a tool from Microsoft called TweakUI,Because the wheel was so sensitive it was changing club and putter range unless i was careful so that tool i use to disable the wheel.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 2:08 PM

The G500 has a button that engages and disengages the mouse wheel ratcheting function.

It is almost impossible to accidentally move the scroll wheel when it is engaged. 

And for surfing you can put in free mode (no ratchet) and it flies up and down pages.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:07 PM

I ve always said a good mouse is best way to improve your game, The G9X Logitech and G500 are both great, own both. GREAT  sniper mouse on low dpi.

RSS