Forums

Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:08 PM

Let all that wish to play do so for round one and then filter it down in the next round with perhaps  the top 64/32 or whatever going through.

"Andy's" last round was at St. Andrews - make that the venue?

Ranked round @ chosen course over 9 holes to be played with another. A fourball would be brilliant with one player posting the card (or someone that's already played their own round could volunteer to mark other players cards) with the option to verify score via player's own home page.

Just grab a friend to play a round with or post here saying you are available. Set a date when all '1st round' games must be completed by.

Easy enough to keep track of scores via the forums here to keep a leader board up to date on a daily basis.

I'll glady help out in any way I can: be it keeping scores/ 'marking' for others or whatever. What I won't do is become involved in anything that detracts in the slightest from the whole point of us, the community, paying a fitting tribute to the man.

Update: Just realised...  St. Andy's - Have it finish on the 30th November!

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:20 PM

Sounds good to me ... Thanks.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:07 PM

WigerToods2010:

+!

Happy to play with anyone but still would prefer a starter kit and ball, so WGT will not profit from this.

Problem with getting a group together is time zones....hell I can't even get in a hit with Wiger these days. If I was paranoid...................

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2016 6:33 AM

alanti:

WigerToods2010:

+!

Happy to play with anyone but still would prefer a starter kilt and ball

Problem with getting a group together is time zones....hell I can't even get in a hit with Wiger these days. If I was paranoid...................

I'm with his royal Toods-ness at the moment. Getting a right mauling at St Andy's! I've not fully read his post, but I'll play if free and on at the same time as others.

PS I've made a small edit to your post, to please Wiger. lol

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 7:20 AM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:02 AM

A couple of questions , And concerns .

We cant verify someone's score a dozen times , If its unlimited play people will want to try to improve their score ( fair enough )   What I'm saying is they should have one week to post 1 score card .

We need 6 to 8 officials  that can verify scores and post them in the forum .  If we are shooting for the first ?  We need to make some decisions soon !    We need to have a thread to sign up for the tournament , We need that thread to be active for several days prior to the start ...

If you can be an official ?  please let us know ....   Thanks everyone .

I can verify scores if needed ,, So I volunteer to be an official .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:16 AM

I don't think we should stick to the 1st as a deadline, it is important to get this right rather than rushing to just do something.

If we decice on stroke play ranked rounds, then to avoid people playing multiple times, we record the 1st score that day, that course from their profile history.

I'll help with officiating and anything else that's needed.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:20 AM

PaulTon:

I don't think we should stick to the 1st as a deadline, it is important to get this right rather than rushing to just do something.

If we decice on stroke play ranked rounds, then to avoid people playing multiple times, we record the 1st score that day, that course from their profile history.

I'll help with officiating and anything else that's needed.

Whilst you would like to think most would play ball it does leave it open to not posting the round at all, and starting again.  Maybe not a concern as people who enter via this know the go, but thought of it and my trap spoke..............

Thanks for the work you are doing.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 6:21 AM

Ok we can postpone the start date ,, Are you saying it should be single play ?

Also , should the leaderboard be separated by tier level ?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:16 AM

Personally, I'd like a few rounds of single play stroke and then the top (number to be decided) players from that have a matchplay bracket to decide the winner. I also think it should be straight play with tier and average being ignored.

This shouldn't be decided by one or two players though, we need more opinions to get a broader view. I'm surprised that more folk have not posted some.

RSS