Forums

Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:44 AM

Here is my 2 cents ( for what its worth )

Play as much as you want , you can post 1 score , You have one week to post a score ,

If we have no prizes for the top scores then it would NOT be advantages to cheat , Participation is the key ,  I would like to gift a sleeve of balls to someone in the tournament of my choosing ,  Perhaps someone who uses starter balls , Again my choice , Like the 12 days of Xmas ,  Some of you don't want WGT to profit from the tournament and I understand that , However they profit every time I play because I use balls that cost money . Sending a sleeve of balls to someone in the tournament ( in my opinion is fine ) 

The second round match play bracket is a good idea IMO  ( the top 64 ? )

We will work it out,,,,,,,,,,,,, I hope !   

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:04 AM

PaulTon:
    Personally, I'd like a few rounds of single play stroke and then the top (number to be decided) players from that have a matchplay bracket to decide the winner. I also think it should be straight play with tier and average being ignored.

the best option in my opinion  ^^^

the only way i can think of to eliminate restarts would be to use WGT`s weekly single play and not allow any tier below Pro to be in "The Andyson Tourney" (this would make it very difficult to do a restart) ... but then you may get many players involved who are not playing for Andy (just playing the weekly)...

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:12 AM

WGT says we are on our own here ..  

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:35 AM

CEverett12:

WGT says we are on our own here ..  

agreed but doesn`t mean we cant use their weekly to reach the top 64 or whatever

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:42 AM

I don't know what that means ? LOL   I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer ..

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 10:09 AM

well if the decision is made to play a couple of single play tourneys to narrow down the field to a workable matchplay bracket number, then the only way to eliminate the possibility of a restart is to use one of WGT`s single plays

or just take every ones word that they played only once which probably works too ... as the goal is to remember and Honor Andy and winning or losing the tourney has no relevance   :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 11:16 AM

Berymans idea is a good way to to ensure single play and also brings the scoring together to one place making it slightly easier to manage. But I just don't want to tag Andy's memorial onto something as unimportant as a WGT weekly.

Good contributions guys, got me thinking, here's where I am now...

Once we have decided format/rounds/courses/dates etc. We start a sign up thread, let it run for  X days/weeks.

Then we start a thread giving details of the 1st round. I will post a complete list of the players and make each name a link their profile page.

We go by WGT clock/ calender, so if for instance it's St Andrews to be played on the 20th Nov, then we look at each profile page and record the score for the 1st round played at St Andy in that 24 hour window of play.

Then I just put the scores against the playername in my post. Having links means anyone can check another players score by clicking it.

This will be a big task and quite time consuming but I have the time and among the people stepping up to help we'll get it done.

Just my thoughts, what do you reckon?

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 12:06 PM

PaulTon:
    Once we have decided format/rounds/courses/dates etc

i very much like the 2 stroke play tourney`s to narrow down for a matchplay bracket (like top 32) played on Andy`s two fav courses if anyone knows what they were

PaulTon:
    Just my thoughts, what do you reckon?

agree with every thing you have proposed other than the 24 hour time to play ... there may be many reasons why a player could not play on a certain date...maybe give 3 days  to get it done

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 12:38 PM

Beryman:
    agree with every thing you have proposed other than the 24 hour time to play ... there may be many reasons why a player could not play on a certain date...maybe give 3 days  to get it done

Yeah that's a far better option, we just record the 1st score in their score history from that that 3 day window.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 12:47 PM

Just stumbled upon this --- Been away on end of summer hiatus

Lots to read --- seems to be well organized by great WGTers

Please put me on the "wants to play" list

Please put me down for throwing a prize into the kettle - decent new golf merch item - will ship it wherever it needs to go on this planet.

My thoughts....... Andyson was a longtime friend of mine & he often contributed things for events I hosted - and all his "Art" was done from his heart - never sought recognition or compliments, he truly loved the things he did here. Perhaps that's why we "meshed" together well. Something I wouldn't say before, but I think is ok now - is that Andyson was deaf in one ear & struggled with this his entire life (I believe). I said "struggled", want to rephrase that HE CONQUERED this issue. Perhaps a "Charity" tournament with something going to "Deaf/Hearing Charities" would be nice? Just a thought....

My other thing......how cool would it be if everyone who played "had" to subscribe to his still online & staying that way YouTube channel...or just anyone as an act of rememberence and honor.

The link is here -- https://www.youtube.com/user/andysonsvideos

Need a google account only, takes 3m if you don't allready have one.
    As of right now the WGT Andyson YouTube Channel has 8 subscribers.....bet we can bust it over 100 in 2 days....(theres no videos to see - he made his all "unlisted" -- luckily, the WGT community bookmarked many and we can watch them still. Check Gary's "The Pinhunters Website".

Not sure whom to address these ideas to --- Wanted to share with all of course -- but whomever is handking the ropes here, please contact me about prize donation or whatever else I can do for you.

Sincerely, Yancy

RSS