Forums

Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 3:31 PM

paulton - That sounds like a lot of work , Going back 3 days on everyone's profile will be a big job ,, I have learned from making tournaments for our club that its very important to make it as simple as possible ,  Not everyone will understand . You will get people that want to use their score on day 3 instead of day 1 because its a better score ..  

Since there will be no prizes for the top scores there will no advantage to winning anyway , so why not let everyone play as much as they want in the first round , Once they decide to post their score , they need to be verified by a official ,, The round has to be completed in the time frame allotted ( say 1 week )   They post their score in the correct thread with the day played and then an official will verify it, and then add it to the leaderboard .

Keep it simple and easy .. 

Back to you ...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:33 AM

CEverett12:
    paulton - That sounds like a lot of work , Going back 3 days on everyone's profile will be a big job ,, I have learned from making tournaments for our club that its very important to make it as simple as possible ,

I've ran tournaments this way in my CC, it is very simple, just time consuming.

CEverett12:
    Not everyone will understand . You will get people that want to use their score on day 3 instead of day 1 because its a better score ..  

What they want is unimportant, we put in the rules that the 1st score recorded for the chosen course in that 3 day window is the only one that counts. Players can use practice mode to prepare for their scored round if they wish.

I don't see a problem really, we might get some folk moaning.

I'll be happy to deal with complainers, in my own charming style.   ;)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 9:53 AM

Ok then , we might be getting somewhere ?

Round 1 = Single play , Saint Andrews  

How about 18 holes ??

What about all of us changing our profile pic to the one andyson was using , For the duration of the tournament ...

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2016 10:44 AM

Found a second Andyson YouTube Channel - With Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-HiD8KBgVdeeu39Bgd6XhQ

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 5:18 AM

Cmon guys , lets do something ..    Lets start the sign up thread on the 1st ...

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 7:23 AM

Can someone post the pic that Andyson was using for his profile , Thanks

Lets do this !

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 8:51 AM

CEverett12:

Can someone post the pic that Andyson was using for his profile , Thanks

Lets do this !

Here's two I played around with, the original is in the forums somewhere

OK I'll start a sign up thread tomorrow, that gives me time to make a suitable banner picture type thingy...

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 9:11 AM

Sounds good Paulton , Thank you sir , 

Round 1 is single play at Saint Andrews

Are we playing 18 holes ?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 10:12 AM

CEverett12:

Sounds good Paulton , Thank you sir , 

Round 1 is single play at Saint Andrews

Are we playing 18 holes ?

Yes.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2016 11:48 AM

Paulton ,  If you need help verifying scores just let me know ..

I have received messages , people are a little confused ..

Never mind, I see it now , round 1 is 18 holes   . It doesn't say single play though .

RSS