Forums

Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 7:54 AM

While we all chip away at WGT in an effort to gain Tour Champion for Andyson we also have to face the fact that a memorial tournament will have to be devised, organised and ran by us, the forum  using community.

I know quite a few people have approached the mods with the idea of a tournament but WGT don't seem to want to.

Many people want to do something to remember Andyson but we should all get together and brainstorm some ideas. We want this to be right, so let's not rush into anything. Players are willing to donate both time and credits to this event, we could make something really good happen.

Rather than people trying to get something done alone or in small groups, let's pool our ideas here, we have a lot of talentented and generous people here.

- What format should a tournament take?

- Who would play in it?

- Prizes?

- Charitable donations?     (one pledge is for a substantial cash amount)

- Would WGT facilitate/advertise/support the tournament?

These are just a few questions to kick things off, now over to you all...

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:58 AM

Paul...if there is a consensus on which charity any donations would go to (I've seen a couple of suggestions), I'd be glad to go to a bank here in Andyson's local area and set something up...Never done it before, but, the Mrs has done a fair amount of charitable fundraising so I can get her involved as well.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 12:06 PM

PaulTon:

- What format should a tournament take

- Who would play in it?

- Prizes?

- Charitable donations?     (one pledge is for a substantial cash amount)

- Would WGT facilitate/advertise/support the tournament?

These are just a few questions to kick things off, now over to you all...

1. I think it should be multi-round, and invitation only.

2. I'm prepared to front $450

3. WGT is not interested.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 3:07 PM

There is a tournament going right now by LOLserver , It looks to be organized ?  Perhaps we can do something like that ?  But in a different format . 

I sent WGTchampion a message last week , Asking if we could donate money to a tournament , I got no response .   ?????   I don't know !!!

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 3:09 PM

ill throw in $200

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2016 5:32 PM

Thank you Paul .  Peter and I have been playing PM talking about this and were ready to start a thread about just this . DocMoose and I have also been playing this game of PM,s .

Andyson was a man of the community ,  one of the forum good guys . 

I think that it is only fitting the we his Friends and Fan,s be the ones to set up a event .

OPY

You know I will help in any way  can .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 4:38 AM

$650 dollars have been pledged already, this is why I felt we all needed involved in this conversation.

I'm leaning towards charitable donations rather than prize money for competitors but thats just my opinion.

Maybe some folk will donate balls as prizes for the actual golf event.

pdb1 re-posted the online memorial link for Andyson in another thread but I noticed that instead of flowers, family and friends were asked to donate to a local charity.

Maybe the local charity and something like the American Heart Association could both benefit?

We need to work out how the money would be held and paid out, this has to be open, accountable and beyond any doubt. (Could WGT facillitate this?).

I'm not ignoring Ducati's kind offer, it's just, I think, all aspects of financial matters need talked about openly

Before all that though, we need more discussion and ideas for the event.

Don't be shy...

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 5:04 AM

I'm with ya buddy !   However , if its about money & donating to charity I'm afraid I will be of no help , I'm just a poor country boy and I'm lucky to play decent balls ..  I could donate some sleeves or a golf bag or a new avatar , WGT needs to step up and handle the money just like they did for the Bushwackers tournament , That went very well , it was easy .  We had our members give me the credits and then WGT took those credits from my account , That's what they wanted ,( to take the credits from one account  ) , It was no problem !  Very simple !   Without WGTs help  , It will be tough . But possible .

Keep the pressure on WGT !  Don't go away and don't give up !!!  

I'm not shy .....................   

Edit) I must have pissed them off or something ? Because they aren't talking to me anymore ...

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 7:12 AM

I think a donation to Andyson's charity would be an excellent idea.

Additionally I do think that some kind of recognition is due for whoever wins the tournament.

A sleeve of balls to each participant, perhaps sponsored by WGT?, would also not go amiss.

I'm happy to be the holder of the credits and now that we have a fair amount pledged, perhaps we can move onto the type of tournament?

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 7:46 AM

Every one on his friends list should be invited .

RSS