Forums

Help › Forums

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:07 PM (128 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2016 7:56 PM

drmoose:

I've been away for a few days, but I'm glad to see the community pulling together on this.Our friend , I am certain, will not be forgotten. Given WGT's negligence in honoring his memory, I'm proposing any tournament held be played with starter rocks only. Andyson was a big fan of "rescue dogs" as his obituary stated. I further propose any donations be made to the cause he , and his family selected. Let's do this right folks for all the enjoyment / entertainment he brought to us all. I further propose, in light of WGTs' prolonged inaction of doing even the minimal to honor his memory, that any donations bypass WGT, and go directly to his charity of choice, as I see no need to reward WGT with a percentage for their disgraceful behavior.

Doc

With this.

Personally I don't think it needs to be discussed who gives what.  Can if any one wants, but privately with what is affordable is also fine, IMO.

Without even asking I know a few from my CC would wish to play in it.  I will keep an eye on this and put it up in the CC as soon as the format looks a bit closer to finalised.  The forum regs will know anyway of course:)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 7:25 AM

How do we make a stroke tournament without WGT ? Is there a way to show every ones score .  Screen shots are difficult for some people ,  I guess we could play match ? someone would have to match every one up , That might be a big job ?  Maybe a very big bracket , I don't know ..

LOLserver  does some tournaments and so does Lexmarkz33 .  I organize match play and alt shot games at my CC  , But I have never done anything as big as a WGT community tournament , 

I am willing to give it a shot if no one else will ,, I would need some help ...

Any suggestions ???

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 9:08 AM

CEverett12:
    How do we make a stroke tournament without WGT ? Is there a way to show every ones score . 

I've ran CC tournaments just playing ranked rounds and then verified the posted scores by looking at individuals profile page.

I'd quite like a stroke tourny in which the top 8 or 4 then play a matchplay bracket culminating in the top two duking it out.

Johnny (Wigertoods) has made a fantastic trophy and there will be a medal for everyone participating.

Maybe Scott Hope can help us with an editable leaderboard when we know what is needed.

Well done Casey, stepping up to take on the difficult role, I'll pitch in and help you in any way I can pal.

Looks like we're getting somewhere with this but there are a lot of people missing from this conversation, I'd like to see more ideas and discussion happening.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:40 AM

How many people are we talking about ?  For the tournament ? 

To verify every ones score might be a challenge . LOL

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:53 AM

How about 1 week of stroke play , The top 64 can play a match bracket  ??  ( In week 2 )

Week 3 down to 32

week 4 = 16 players

week 5 = 8 players

week 6  =  final 4

Is that too long ??

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 1:41 PM

Yeah a bit too long, for me.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:21 PM

I would like to revisit this please 

opyeuclid:

Here is a Idea for a tourney but has nothing to do about where the gifts will go .

A month long event .

We have  4 different friends O Andy each set up a game , that game will be open for a week to give all the players time to enjoy the Ride .

Some of us would like a one time game . Others would like a multi round game .

With this set up players could chose to play any or all of the games . Or set up a time to play with friends .

It would be nice to start this on the 1st ,   I would like weeeeek # 4 ,  I would call the game Trick Or Treat .  Ding Bell WGT , look what we the community did . 

OPY 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:36 PM

Are you going some where Paul ?? LOL 

Yes its a bit long , I agree .

We cant make every one happy no matter what , If its unlimited some people wont like it , Single play, you are one and done ,  What about both ?,  First round unlimited , Second round Single play, 

Match play is always a problem with time zones and getting every one to play their match , I'm not the best person for this nor am I the most qualified ,  I am willing to give it a shot .

First we need to decide what format to play , How many holes , What course , How many rounds ETC.

I think we shoot for November 1st

Lets decide what to do and then we will have a thread to sign up ..

PS. I'm sorry Opy , I was not on andysons friends list , I just knew him from the forums .

What ever you guys want to do is fine with me ...

Thanks...........

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:44 PM

Sir ,, We were all his Friend ,  List or not .

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:45 PM

I agree with this. I'm not a regular poster here, but Andyson and I go back. Don't play much these days, but would love to honor my friend

RSS