Forums

Help › Forums

Chicken or the Egg??

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 24 2011 3:36 PM (3 replies)
  • TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2011 5:12 AM

We all know the story about which came first the chicken or the egg. I 'll pose a question to generate a new conversation. Okay-----here goes

you need to improve your putting results and lower your score, but  like me you don't really putt well.  Do you get new clubs that give you better opportunities for birdies or do you wait until your putting improves to purchase the G.I. clubs????  :-)  the chicken or the egg???  I know what I'm going to do, just wondered what everyone else thought on it.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2011 5:27 AM

Stick with the beginner putter,and try aiming differently,and lengthening or shortening your putts,rather than doing the same thing each time.If it doesnt work the first time,it will not work the second time either.

Save your money for a new outfit or some decent balls,but dont waste it on an expensive putter that does not and will not correct your own ability to change.

I'm saying this from my own experiences with equipment,and my own inability to take the leap and change what I do to make every putt count.Others will slap me down,but they will not change my opinion on the attributes of the expensive putters against the free one,and a willingness to adapt to methods that will negate any perceived benefit from financial outlay.Believe to succeed.

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2011 7:30 AM

The rooster has feelings too .....

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 3:36 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    Save your money for a new outfit or some decent balls,but dont waste it on an expensive putter that does not and will not correct your own ability to change.

Sounds like good advice. I was debating whether to improve my irons from the starter plus set or not. Seems I'm getting to the green , well most of the time, but I just can't seem to get the break or distance right on fast breaking putts under 6 ft. My percentage under 10 ft is horrible to put it mildly. Anyway thanks for the post it's good advice :-)

RSS