Forums

Help › Forums

This load time is RIDICULOUS!

Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:57 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nolanryan5714
    45 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 8:36 AM

I would love to have some straight answers from the "powers that be" here.

So, I have been on the Community Spotlight 5 times for whatever reason....publicity for product solicitation, probably.  Do NOT use my status/level/equipment to advance this site, when there are so many blatant problems that have not been addressed. 

I want to know WHEN I will get my money's worth on this site.  My friends and I are tired of the DOWNGRADES that you WGT programmers call UPGRADES....always problems stem from them, it seems.

Tell us, WGT people, when we can expect a reliable load time and reliable servers.

This is all I ask.

• petwil66
    42 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 8:44 AM

I couldn't agree any more than that , the amount of time we spend on this game and money spent things should be up to scratch

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:19 AM

What ever it was must have been fixed. I just played a round and the load times were blazing fast. (Edit) I didn't notice the name when i wrote the post. Blazing fast sure fits your name.. 

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:29 AM

nolanryan5714:

Tell us, WGT people, when we can expect a reliable load time and reliable servers.

Don't experience any problems at all with loading. Only now and then meter problems. Be sure your computer and browser (Iron works perfect) are optimized and you won't encounter hardly any problems.

Cheers, GC

NB I'm not a computerwizard and just have an average PC

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:52 AM

GoodyChamp:

nolanryan5714:

Don't experience any problems at all with loading. Only now and then meter problems. Be sure your computer and browser (Iron works perfect) are optimized and you won't encounter hardly any problems.

Cheers, GC

NB I'm not a computerwizard and just have an average PC

Well Goody the load times last night and most of the weekend were awful. It took me almost an hour to play the unlimited 9 hole round. The reverse angle and zoom loads were the worst I have ever seen and I also had about 10 load time outs. I had only had 2 or 3 before that in well over a year. They must have had a server down or something. Because just a few minutes ago I played another unlimited 9 hole round in something 15 minutes and the load times were as fast or even faster than i have ever seen.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:05 AM

Think it's internet itself, depends also on your location. The 2 of you live in the States, I'm on another continent, Europe. Perhaps that explains the difference.

4 sure it's possible 2 have long loading times, but in general I can say that it's really an exeption...4 me.

• nolanryan5714
    45 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:46 AM

GoodyChamp:

Think it's internet itself, depends also on your location. The 2 of you live in the States, I'm on another continent, Europe. Perhaps that explains the difference.

4 sure it's possible 2 have long loading times, but in general I can say that it's really an exeption...4 me.

That would not be it.  One of my friends is in Brazil, and the other is in Australia.  We all experienced the problems at the same time.

As for optimizing my computer, I do all that can be done.  Every day, sometimes twice a day, I delete my temp folder, empty cache, clear flash, and use 2 game boosters that include a defrag.  My Internet is lightning fast, and it is the same for my friends.

Make no mistake, this is WGT's fault, not an Internet or PC issue.  I have a very fast computer, btw.  Where is the consistency in this game? 

P.S. - Please note that I did not once bring up the "M" word (meter). 

Thanks for the input, all.  Still wanting to hear from a WGT programmer on this....I won't hold my breath.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:24 AM

Loads times on the site were horrible this weekend and most of the morning.  Seemed to have improved just in the last hour.

To Nolan's point, this was WGT servers or relays.  I have 2 computers and both loaded every other site or page at blazing speed as always but WGT was stuck in the mud.  10 seconds plus to change views, 15-20 seconds in between shots and sometimes up to a minute to load the next hole.  Felt like I was playing behind a fivesome of 90 year old men with walkers.  Very hard to get a rhythm. 

Yes my computer is optimized.  Didn't matter if caches were cleared or let them build up, I still got the same delay.  Meter performance was dreadful during this time too but has improved slightly since load times have improved in the last hour or so.  Makes you wonder how much servers actually do effect meter performance.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 1:58 PM

Myself and another player had such a bad time with the game yesterday. After 4 attempts to get the match started we finally gave up and played the same course independently. Still had problems, such as and the third hole at the tee I took my backswing and it stayed that way for a minute and 20 seconds before I struck the ball. All 9 holes were like that with the avatar freezing.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2011 5:01 PM

I did some inquiries and there are indeed some minor issues with the servers. We are looking into

Thank you for being patient

-wgticon

• PAGES
RSS