Forums

Help › Forums

The Orlando Shootings

Mon, Jun 20 2016 2:55 AM (100 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 1:24 PM

mathia14:

Are you saying that anybody that was in the military is a nut case? I was trained to use weapons.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm sorry, you lost me...could you point out where in fact I said that, or hinted at it?

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 1:34 PM

You said nut case.  So are you thumbing your nose at the US military??  How else do you think you get freedom of speech?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:09 PM

A guy goes nuts and shoots up a nightclub, is classified as a nut case and that relates to the military?? Whatever in the world are you talking about?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:12 PM

mathia14:

You said nut case.  So are you thumbing your nose at the US military??  How else do you think you get freedom of speech?

Ahhhh, "Freedom of Speech" is a wonderful thing,  it's even better with the ability to comprehend the words spoken!

I still have no idea how you derived that from the post and this isn't the thread to discuss it in....

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:27 PM

Bonjour,

Pour une fois je parlerais en français car c'est ma langue du cœur pour exprimer ma sympathie et mes condoléances  a nos amis Américains.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:36 PM

mathia14:

I have read and re-read it 5 times now and the comments inbetween, there's nothing there man.

I'm completely baffled, I think you've got a hold of the wrong end of the stick here.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:40 PM

I'm not a "gun nut".
    I do not own an AK-47 or an M-16, because to do so would be against the law in the United States (undoubtedly a surprise to some of you, because both go full AUTOMATIC and that is illegal without special licenses).
    I do not think that "extended" clips are necessary but neither are they prohibited by our Constitution and the Constitution defines a procedure amend that.
    I own a semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun, because I (occasionally) couldn't kill that pesky duck with one shot.
    I have not hunted anything since my time in Vietnam - funny how your perspective changes when the "game" shoots back.
    Go elsewhere if you want to understand to reasoning behind the 2nd Amendment - but be advised that a number of people view (illegal) Government overreach as a very serious issue TODAY.
    I own firearms and will defend the right of every (non-felon or mental case) American to do so.

SO, what say - LET'S GET BACK TO A REALLY CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT  -- WGT!!!!!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:58 PM

Wheels65:

I'm not a "gun nut".
    I do not own an AK-47 or an M-16, because to do so would be against the law in the United States (undoubtedly a surprise to some of you, because both go full AUTOMATIC and that is illegal without special licenses).
    I do not think that "extended" clips are necessary but neither are they prohibited by our Constitution and the Constitution defines a procedure amend that.
    I own a semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun, because I (occasionally) couldn't kill that pesky duck with one shot.
    I have not hunted anything since my time in Vietnam - funny how your perspective changes when the "game" shoots back.
    Go elsewhere if you want to understand to reasoning behind the 2nd Amendment - but be advised that a number of people view (illegal) Government overreach as a very serious issue TODAY.
    I own firearms and will defend the right of every (non-felon or mental case) American to do so.

SO, what say - LET'S GET BACK TO A REALLY CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT  -- WGT!!!!!

Sorry I served my time in 1969.  and also we have the 1st Amendment in this country.  And by the way, THANK YOU FOR YOU SERVICE.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 3:08 PM

@Mathia

...Think you had an oopsie, bro. Dan was completely on point with his post. Paul and Jim are correct. There is no reference of any kind to the military.

ct

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 4:26 PM

YankeeJim:

Wheels65:
    And while our brothern in England want to climb on a high horse

There wasn't any of that, just a legitimate, very valid question. 

I'm in agreement with YJ that Paul's comments were more of an observation rather than questioning America's laws and how they apply in these instances. I've lived in the USA my entire life and still scratch my head wondering when more states will follow suit with the few that have banned assault weapons already.

In a nutshell I'd rather have each state determine what the limits should be on laws that don't mesh with the original wording of the US Constitution than have absolute power from the feds on issues like this one and others.  It's worked rather well so far in the legalization of marijuana, and hopefully after this latest tragedy, the same snowball affect will help in keeping assault weapons out of the hands of not just undesirables, but everyone.

IMO, this thread is not the place to get into a pissing contest over semantics, just saying.

RSS