Forums

Help › Forums

The Orlando Shootings

Mon, Jun 20 2016 2:55 AM (100 replies)
  • thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Mon, Jun 13 2016 9:45 PM

I know this isn't virtual golf related, but I wanted to pay my respects to the victims,

their families and friends.

Here Anderson Cooper lists the fallen .

God Bless,

Allison

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:58 AM

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:30 AM

The 2nd Amendment was never intended to protect an American citizens right to own these large capacity magazine weapons that are intended to bring carnage and massive loss of life not personal protection. Currently 6 states ban the sale of them, and I can only hope a large majority of the states that currently don't ban them will now follow suit. At least then when these lunatic fanatics decide to go off their rockers, less lives will be lost.

One life lost is too many, but something has to be done to limit the casualties, seeing these fanatics aren't going away any time soon. AR 15's were not what our founding fathers had in mind when they gave us our constitutional protections.

God bless all the victims, their families, and all that were in attendance that are now scarred for life.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 7:06 AM

cdefghi:
    The 2nd Amendment was never intended to protect an American citizens right to own these large capacity magazine weapons that are intended to bring carnage and massive loss of life not personal protection.

That's the thing us non Americans can't understand, why is it legal for citizens to own military grade weapons and ammo?

Given the States history and the power of the NRA I understand people defending the right to bear arms but I don't see how owning anything other than ordinary pistols and rifles can be justified.

The Orlando incident is horrible, my thoughts go out to those affected.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 7:12 AM

PaulTon:
    That's the thing us non Americans can't understand, why is it legal for citizens to own military grade weapons and ammo?

Cultural thing........Kings Arms pub name in the UK gives it away a bit.  We grew up not expecting to be near a gun, save some real  something extenuating and when was the last time something was ever granted in recent years.  Not the place and hot potato stuff I realise, but I think Piers Morgan has some really good points on this one put it that way............

Heartfelt condolences to all involved, yet again sadly. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 7:12 AM

PaulTon:

PaulTon:
    the power of the NRA

Fueled by the paranoid buttheads that think they have to have those guns to survive and protect themselves.

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 10:41 AM

The easy availability of assault rifles. automatic and semi-automatic weapons enables one crazed individual  to be a weaponized Army.

Politics

NRA lobbyists with money power on The Hill.

An exaggerated  interpretation of our second Ammendment

All very complicated issues.

I can only hope that the innocent who have died at the hands of weapons will not have died in vain .

Columbine

Garissa University 

University Of Iowa

San Diego State.

Oh my the senseless deaths too many to mention.

God Bless

XOXXO

Allison

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:14 AM

Quiet night here last night.  Only 3 killed & 23 wounded.  Would be more killed if the gangbangers would hit what they are aiming at.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:27 AM

We, obviously, need another law requiring double locks on all rifles. That way they will quit jumping out of the closet and shooting people.

And while our brothern in England want to climb on a high horse - how's the Muslim problem in your country going?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:33 AM

Wheels65:
    And while our brothern in England want to climb on a high horse

There wasn't any of that, just a legitimate, very valid question. 

RSS