Forums

Help › Forums

The Orlando Shootings

Mon, Jun 20 2016 2:55 AM (100 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:43 AM

Thoughts with those affected by yet another tragedy involving guns.

Wheels65:
    And while our brothern in England want to climb on a high horse

As I post nobody in England has replied to this thread.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:45 AM

Southwest side you need Kevlar PJ's, but even an old man was eating at his kitchen table when he was struck in the head with a bullet.  Even kids are getting shot playing in a front yard.  So far way over 1,000 people have been shot here.  Play a weekend getaway to Englewood.  You will never forget it.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 11:57 AM

problem is if you take away the assault rifles etc from the general public only the criminals will have them

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:11 PM

I think there should be a debate with the NRA at arms length at least.......

EDIT:

WigerToods2010:

Wheels65:
    And while our brothern in England want to climb on a high horse

Not been back for a couple of years but why let details get in the way:)

Personally I was never in favour of Schengen (edit: and abuses), but neither am I in favour of not helping where possible.  I will say that I think the Aussie points system is about as fair as you can get in an imperfect anything.  Certainly the large conurbations should not be ignoring the issue, IMO.  Neither though is it one where Trump gets too much right, and I am not anti everything Trump either.

The thread is about the shooting.  No one was trying to get on any high horse,  just concerned for people.  Everywhere has issues of one kind or another, even good places such as the USA.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:38 PM

turfsand:

problem is if you take away the assault rifles etc from the general public only the criminals will have themgun.  Mostly are stolen.

So right you are.  The bad guys have more fire power then the police.  The gangbangers won't register a firearm.  Here on just about any street corner you can buy a gun.  The 4th of July will be a real treat here, is it gunfire or fireworks??

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:40 PM

Everyone knows that the best home protection is 2 dogs that are territorial and won't eat the steak a stranger gives them until the intruder has left the premises, or died from his injuries!

2nd best is a Mossburg riot shotgun because you just have to aim it in the general direction of the intruder and fire it whilst  screaming and running for cover and you will still most likely hit the SOB.

I have a assault rifle, won it in a card game 13 yrs ago, and although I don't even know what all the letters and numbers are in it's name, I know it has a scope that supposedly cost $12,000, and I know I have never for even a second thought about shooting all my neighbors, well in all honesty I did think about shooting 1 of them for just a second but not with the assault rifle!

I for the life of me, can't figure out why anyone needs these things, or even needs an extended clip for a pistol, or a 15 round clip for that matter, but I could name 50 people we know who own them and have never shot anyone....BUT, ban them and all you do is create a black market for them, we have laws in every state against selling or possessing drugs, that ain't working out so good either and if you could eliminate them, you would eliminate the majority of crimes as well....

As for the shootings in Orlando, I blame the new political correctness attitude in this country not the guns, why is this guys "Dad" still living in this country, not the shooter, his "Dad"!

The shooter was just a f'n nutcase who tried to make his hate crime look like a terrorist act, better press I guess, but he would have been gone if his Dad was given the boot long ago!

Sad sad state this world is in today!

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:43 PM

WigerToods2010:

Wheels65:
    And while our brothern in England want to climb on a high horse

Will I do John :)

When the 2nd amendment was formulated  in 1791, they could not have envisaged an AK47 for example or similar weapons. Military grade weapons made available to the general public is total insanity.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:44 PM

mathia14:

turfsand:

problem is if you take away the assault rifles etc from the general public only the criminals will have themgun.  Mostly are stolen.

So right you are.  The bad guys have more fire power then the police.  The gangbangers won't register a firearm.  Here on just about any street corner you can buy a gun.

I live in Sydney.  If I wanted a gun I could get one.*

I go back to London I could get one - Get one real easy.*

Both the above places have mental health issues same as US..........make of that what you will, but it remains my opinion there is a real debate to be had same as happened elsewhere.  Whatever your landing point fair enough, but there is a debate there, IMHO.  Not knocking the US, but just as a humanitarian.............

*Obv illegally but not hard.  

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 12:50 PM

fatdan:

Everyone knows that the best home protection is 2 dogs that are territorial and won't eat the steak a stranger gives them until the intruder has left the premises, or died from his injuries!

2nd best is a Mossburg riot shotgun because you just have to aim it in the general direction of the intruder and fire it whilst  screaming and running for cover and you will still most likely hit the SOB.

I have a assault rifle, won it in a card game 13 yrs ago, and although I don't even know what all the letters and numbers are in it's name, I know it has a scope that supposedly cost $12,000, and I know I have never for even a second thought about shooting all my neighbors, well in all honesty I did think about shooting 1 of them for just a second but not with the assault rifle!

I for the life of me, can't figure out why anyone needs these things, or even needs an extended clip for a pistol, or a 15 round clip for that matter, but I could name 50 people we know who own them and have never shot anyone....BUT, ban them and all you do is create a black market for them, we have laws in every state against selling or possessing drugs, that ain't working out so good either and if you could eliminate them, you would eliminate the majority of crimes as well....

As for the shootings in Orlando, I blame the new political correctness attitude in this country not the guns, why is this guys "Dad" still living in this country, not the shooter, his "Dad"!

The shooter was just a f'n nutcase who tried to make his hate crime look like a terrorist act, better press I guess, but he would have been gone if his Dad was given the boot long ago!

Sad sad state this world is in today!

Are you saying that anybody that was in the military is a nut case? I was trained to use weapons.  If I understood you wrong I then I am sorry.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 1:13 PM

mathia14:
    Are you saying that anybody that was in the military is a nut case?

How could you possibly infer this? I read it 3 times looking for a military reference that isn't there.

RSS