Forums

Help › Forums

How to post your scorecard

Wed, Jul 30 2014 2:48 PM (68 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 11:55 AM

Here's a little more detail. Start by clicking this ↑ (the little film icon) when you are in the 'compose message' mode. Then you will see this:

Copy/paste the url to the image you are trying to insert. If the url already contains the 'http://' that is inserted in the first line, delete it so it only shows once. Then change the Width to 450 and height to 450, and it will look like this:

Click 'Insert'; and VOILA!

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:44 PM

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:450:450]

ok, i changed both to 450

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:16 PM

Gladstone, it works, as you can see above.

Please follow the instructions in the opening post of the thread exactly.

Do you use the Direct Link for Layouts link? Do not use any of the others.

Do not put anything in the Height field; you can leave it at zero. Only put 450 in the Width field, and you'll be fine.

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 7:11 PM

I am having trouble posting my scorecard ...you have me totally confused !!

When I open media and insert,  I get a little box with what looks like a file and then it tears in half...that's it !!  HELP !!!!!

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 6:14 AM

Having big problems with entering my scorecard to forum. Followed your instructions, but when I enter the scorecard's internet address into media URL field and click on insert nothing happens ..................  know one seems to know how to help me.

HELP !!!!?????????????

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 6:18 AM

cate55,

What site are you uploading your scorecard to? Can you post the link to the score card here for us, please?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 6:35 AM

Are you using the correct address from the upload site? I use Image Shack http://imageshack.us/ and this is what I get after I upload an image:

The Direct Link is what i right click on and insert in that media field. You may be using the wrong one. There is also an option on the upload page that lets you size the image for bulletin boards and such before you begin the upload. I use the 640x480 size but the smaller 320x240 works too. Hope this helps.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:00 AM

Same on tinypic.com, use the 'Direct Link for Layouts'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:09 AM
    When I insert the link into media, I get a small box with what looks like another small box that rips in half ... I tried both tiny pics and imageshack.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:34 AM

cate55:
    When I insert the link into media, I get a small box with what looks like another small box that rips in half ... I tried both tiny pics and imageshack.

It sounds like you're describing a broken link. Whatever you're trying to put in there apparently is not a valid link.

Try pasting the link you're trying to use directly into the address bar of your browser. You should get to the picture you uploaded. If you don't then you're doing something wrong at the upload site. If you do get the picture then you're not inserting it correctly  in the post. Make sure when you try to insert the media in the post that you actually click in the body of the post first to place it. Responding and going directly to that insert may cause a problem too.

RSS