Forums

Help › Forums

Meter lag

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 27 2011 12:00 PM (8 replies)
  • turminater
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 5:44 PM

When are they going to fix the major lag in the game ??

• fairwaybaby
    109 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:32 PM

when they get more money to buy a better server...lol

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2011 9:19 AM

search the forums using the search box to the top-right, and you will find countless existing threads on the topic. There is no one answer that will work for everyone, but most issues can be addressed on the users end. 

• OWN3R
    58 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 7:35 AM

VanHalenLover:

search the forums using the search box to the top-right, and you will find countless existing threads on the topic. There is no one answer that will work for everyone, but most issues can be addressed on the users end. 

Unfortunately you can't fix meter problems on a users end when it's due to internet network lag. After weeks of monitoring the average response time to wgts multiple servers being over 90ms is not good and the reason behind the meter lag, it's not the OS, or processes, or any other BS mentioned fix for inexperienced users that does nothing but confuse them and make them more frustrated..

Photobucket

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 7:48 AM

Hey guys,

well, just withdrew from the weekly 9 hole tournament at SA. I was -4 through 16. When the dreaded VEM came upon me.  I was 220 yards to the flag 16mph wind down to the right.  So i'm thinking at least a 5 yard varience.  Hit a 225 yard 3 wood with full backspin...wouldnt you believe it! It carried over the green 234 yards out of bounds!!!!!!!!

I lost my calloway...and had to hit another shot...this time came up short into that dreaded

valley on the green.  The only option i had was to putt...lol PUTT!! I tried to flop and hit different shots. each chot only went about 1 foot. Had to hit it in the rough just so I had a chance to flop it. Frustrated I withdrew.  If this was a ready go would have been a little more upset, but I guess this is what the paying customers are going to have to put up with until the bugs are fixed in another 5 years!

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 8:29 AM

If your comp meets the system requirements then it cant be the fault of that comp when it is kept clean.

I have noticed lately that the meter is becoming more of a problem in several different ways.I would address these but i think their pretty well covered.

I have also noticed that when i purchase balls that they seem to hit more hazards and i go thru balls at an outrageous rate.The slower swing meter on these purchased balls seems at times to be a blur going across the screen.

This game has the potential of being the best golf game out there but will never be with the meter the way it is.

These are not complaints but actual facts.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 9:55 AM

Hi OWN3R,

I typically get nearly identical results from wgt when compared to other sites. I'm sure geography has a lot to do with this, but that is nothing that WGT can control.

Interesting that my TTL counts are very similar to yours, yet my response time is much better, that is pretty telling.

I'm not trying to say wgt has no responsibility in this, but I am saying that in most cases, the user can make adjustments to make the meter skip almost non existent.

• Pistopetey45
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 10:19 AM

Apparently WGT will never fix the meter!! This has been a problem since day 1 !! All we get is " It's not our fault" !! Hey WGT we don't care whose fault it is we want to know are you investigating it, talking to whose it is or even giving a crap !! The only way to get you to do anything is if the $$ dry up !!

• Pistopetey45
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2011 12:00 PM

Go to every sponsor WGT has and ask them for their help. I have already contacted all and they are very interested. They at least answer their e mails

RSS