Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats

Mon, May 8 2017 12:38 PM (26 replies)
  • Deek25
    2 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 2:43 PM

I would guess that most of you playing WGT also play or have played organized sports. I have, but as I approach 70, WGT is as exciting as it gets for me. My question is this. I played sports fairly and expected the same from opponents. Today, after I chipped in from off the fringe my opponent told me I was using cheats, cussed me out not so nicely and forfeited. Does using the built in functions of the game like green slopes and swing meters mean that I'm cheating? If so I'll stop at once. Thank you for your thoughts.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 9:44 PM

Deek25:
    Does using the built in functions of the game like green slopes and swing meters mean that I'm cheating?

No. 

A few years ago I quit playing random folk. I had two games in a row that didn't even make the end of the first hole. I dropped my approaches within a couple of feet. Zoom. Gone in a flash. 

I heartily suggest finding a good country club. Of course I would recommend mine, but that is presumptuous. Scour the CC forum. Hopefully you will find a club with honorable people with whom you can truly enjoy this game. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2016 11:08 PM

JimbeauC:
    I heartily suggest finding a good country club. Of course I would recommend mine, but that is presumptuous. Scour the CC forum. Hopefully you will find a club with honorable people with whom you can truly enjoy this game. 

Yep a good idea and use players like Jim for advice and guidance - so a pretty good offer that would be worth taking up IMO.

Some people are just sore losers Deek, but unfortunately in the lower tiers some players cannot accept that a good shot is done without cheating.....so ignore them, and smile to yourself...well played sir! 

When you have a good CC and friends, this will not happen.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 3:55 AM

l play the chip shot very similar to the putt in as much the chip does not loft out like the pitch it tends to work well from 1 to 2yds  around the green fringe, where it has a very short  low loft and then rolls like a putt.

So l will always give the same break for the chip shot as l would the putt and l also  remove the pin as it can and does occasionaly stop the ball from dropping.

Other players who call cheat on you have just not taken the time and practise to learn how to play these shots themselfe's.

Dave

• joshcore
    27 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 4:26 AM

On this, does forfeiting games cost any penalty?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 5:28 AM

Deek25:
    after I chipped in from off the fringe my opponent told me I was using cheats, cussed me out not so nicely and forfeited.

LOL. Welcome to the big time. You know you're doing well when you play the game right and some loser is so  jealous they have to quit. Be empowered, Deek, you're doing it the way you're supposed to.  :-)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:01 AM

The internet is full of idiots Deek, you played with one of them, ignore it bud.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:49 AM

Deek, your story reminds me of one of mine, in that such things can leave a bad taste in your mouth for quite a while. In the early days ( before shot, or putter pal ) some of us made homemade versions of them, and taped them to our monitors for visual reference points. I mentioned this to the owner of our CC at that time, who at first said he'd sweep it under the rug if I stopped, but who later called me every name in the book when I said I didn't see anything wrong with it. I too came to the open forums, to ask the community's collective opinion on whether this was some type of "cheat", and was met with an overwhelming consensus that it was not.

For those who consider themselves to be "honorable", to be accused of being otherwise, never sets well. Good advice on finding a CC and avoiding the jerks.

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 9:23 AM

drmoose:
    ( before shot, or putter pal ) some of us made homemade versions of them, and taped them to our monitors for visual reference points.

Mine's still there.  Would be lost without it.  LOL  :-)

• Deek25
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 10:21 AM

Thank you to all the gentlemen and/or ladies who so kindly responded to my question. I'm happy that I'm not a cheat which is never my intention. Guess I need to find a CC to join but first need the credits to do so. 

RSS