Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats

Mon, May 8 2017 12:38 PM (26 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 12:10 PM

YankeeJim:
    Mine's still there.  Would be lost without it.  LOL  :-)

Yep. I have a different post-it for each (major) green speed, and over on the left are 90, 80, and 70. The rest of each post-it has general info re: Rough, Putt traverse time, and Unevens. 

:^)

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 12:48 PM

It takes all kinds.

A few nights ago, I was partnered with a Champion, who gave me hell for using a chip shot from the fringe, 8 yards from the cup. He insisted -- and both our opponents backed him up, at some length -- that the chip was the worst shot in WGT, and that the only shot that made sense from there was a flop.

Now, I happen to like the flog shot a lot, but I've holed a helluva lot more chips than flops.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 1:00 PM

K7JBQ:

It takes all kinds.

A few nights ago, I was partnered with a Champion, who gave me hell for using a chip shot from the fringe, 8 yards from the cup. He insisted -- and both our opponents backed him up, at some length -- that the chip was the worst shot in WGT, and that the only shot that made sense from there was a flop.

Now, I happen to like the flog shot a lot, but I've holed a helluva lot more chips than flops.

If you are happy chipping and you get good results, that's all that matters. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 2:25 PM

K7JBQ:
    I was partnered with a Champion, who gave me hell for using a chip shot from the fringe, 8 yards from the cup. He insisted -- and both our opponents backed him up, at some length -- that the chip was the worst shot in WGT, and that the only shot that made sense from there was a flop.

A 64W chip trumps that flop all day from there. A Champion that espouses a flop over a chip from that position needs to have his/her head examined. The chip is an exceptional shot if you take the time to learn it and was totally correct from that lie. It's only the worst shot if you never learned it.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 2:41 PM

joshcore:

On this, does forfeiting games cost any penalty?

Somewhat yes, your completion ratio goes down and your green checkmark will go to yellow and then to orange. Most people won't play with someone with an orange badge.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 2:45 PM

YankeeJim:
    A 64W chip trumps that flop all day from there. A Champion that espouses a flop over a chip from that position needs to have his/her head examined.

Yup.

My 1st thought on reading that was that he must've been a red tee champion.

• ct690911
    7,203 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 3:06 PM

PaulTon:

YankeeJim:

A 64W chip trumps that flop all day from there. A Champion that espouses a flop over a chip from that position needs to have his/her head examined.

Yup.

My 1st thought on reading that was that he must've been a red tee champion.

I fully agree. I once got lectured by my own partner for using a putter to escape a deep bunker...pfft.

I've learned to drown out the nay-sayers and play my own game..:)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 3:08 PM

YankeeJim:

drmoose:
    ( before shot, or putter pal ) some of us made homemade versions of them, and taped them to our monitors for visual reference points.

Mine's still there.  Would be lost without it.  LOL  :-)

Yep JY, mine's a little different, I use a clear plastic overlay for driving distances an' for putting increments. i haven't changed it in five years, the ink's wearin' a little thin, 'bout time for a new one , lol.

Doc :)

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2016 5:03 PM

Deek25:
    first need the credits to do so

You don't need credits to join.

I think you may need them to start one. Not sure, as I've never done that.

RSS