Forums

Help › Forums

PC vs Mobile..the war

Mon, Jul 3 2023 6:44 AM (46 replies)
  • desotojo
    2,513 Posts
    Mon, Feb 29 2016 12:52 PM

Having emailed the WGT about the PC vs Mobile players, they deem it the same, reading between the lines and the wording, yes, all fair as long as the mobile player is playing against a mobile player and a PC player is playing a PC player, once you put mobile player against the PC player in a tourney the rules don't count. Having been in the Land of the WGT for several years now and having owned (?) a CC for a few of those years the wars have started and it's getting pretty ugly....

Before the mobile users I had seen maybe 2 or 3 players get to Legend is several months, having lived on their PC, most PC players I'm sure it takes a year or longer. Now I take in Hacks, Pros and in the least amount of time and play they're Legends, 2 1/2 - 3 mo. and the minimum games played, one right after another. Some will play both PC and mobile and they make no bones about it, even though the screen is smaller, the mobile device is much more forgiving.  Wow!!! There must be at least a half dozen play stations for the phone players out there to hook up too, plus their TV's.  If I have 10-15-20 tourneys going you can be sure that 80% of them are won by the mobile user, the Top 10 will have a sprinkling of PC players. So now friends who have been playing in this CC want an answer, I suggest a never ending "B-ing" to the WGT.  I see CC's who boot the mobile players, I won't do this I have many friends in my CC who play the evil mobile device. BUT!!!! The WGT needs to level the playing field.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Feb 29 2016 1:39 PM

I play both on the PC and on Mobile. I don't think it's more forgiving on Mobile. If anything i find it much harder to play. I'm on average 2 shots per 9 holes better on my PC than i am on my Mobile.

• desotojo
    2,513 Posts
    Mon, Feb 29 2016 4:54 PM

Good to know, most of my players will still jump over to the mobile because they score better. They're at a loss when jumping on the PC for live play.

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2016 9:51 PM

I play predominantly mobile and when I switch to play Oakmont on the PC I see no difference till I putti just cannot get used the aiming arrow when putting on PC but just do not get enough reps to get used to it. With the phone I can play 5 holes just waiting for my salad to arrive, so much more convienant is basically why I play and it's a little more social as I can play while the family watches modern family and I am right beside them

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2016 12:25 PM

I find the mobile version more forgiving on shots, especially approaches. But, I find it extremely difficult to read breaks (for putt aiming), as the dots don't move consistently with slope(s) or contours. I've just about figured it out, though :-)

What bothers me, and I've reported it, are the people playing the mobile version while in the regular PC version game client. One idiot in this weeks mobile tourney actually saved a replay (HIO) from his mobile round!!! The thing about that is, you can't "save" replays from mobile (you can use everyplay to record them). And, mobile player's avatars are all the same, yet the replay from this cheat shows him in his Nike avatar. Some folks are just plain sorry, and stupid!!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2016 12:44 PM

I for one have no idea why someone would want to play this on a phone, for one it probably eats up your battery like crazy, 2 trying to swing on your phone with a touch screen ( unless somehow you can (cheat) and use a mouse would be annoying as hell.Now if your using an Android tablet, and also use a mouse,well whats the use in playing mobile.

Maybe I'm old fashion, play the game like it was meant to be played, and maybe just maybe they can take all their time to improve the PC version of WGT, rather than worry about the mobile.  

• gooch134
    236 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2016 6:21 PM

Hi John.

How do I set up live play on my PC. I am hoping you or someone here can fast track me!

Cheers

• nat11
    1,637 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 12:28 AM

jayw4862:

I find the mobile version more forgiving on shots, especially approaches. But, I find it extremely difficult to read breaks (for putt aiming), as the dots don't move consistently with slope(s) or contours. I've just about figured it out, though :-)

What bothers me, and I've reported it, are the people playing the mobile version while in the regular PC version game client. One idiot in this weeks mobile tourney actually saved a replay (HIO) from his mobile round!!! The thing about that is, you can't "save" replays from mobile (you can use everyplay to record them). And, mobile player's avatars are all the same, yet the replay from this cheat shows him in his Nike avatar. Some folks are just plain sorry, and stupid!!

Chrome cast will let you use the phone as a controller whilst the game client shows the game on your TV... So therefore they are actually playing on a mobile device and other systems allow this also .... these days you can even plug a gaming controller into your smart phone then send it your tv set so playing on a 17" LAPTOP 27" PC monitor i`d say were behind the times on the pc version compared to them playing on 60" TV monitors whilst sat on the sofa with a split screen laughing watching the big bang theory on the half the screen and the mobile players dont have pc issues they  get a smoother meter .... Its the way i`ll be going in a month or 2 just seeing which set up looks best for what i want it for :)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 3:02 AM

nat11:
    Chrome cast will let you use the phone as a controller whilst the game client shows the game on your TV... So therefore they are actually playing on a mobile device and other systems allow this also .... these days you can even plug a gaming controller into your smart phone then send it your tv set so playing on a 17" LAPTOP 27" PC monitor i`d say were behind the times on the pc version compared to them playing on 60" TV monitors whilst sat on the sofa with a split screen laughing watching the big bang theory on the half the screen and the mobile players dont have pc issues they  get a smoother meter .... Its the way i`ll be going in a month or 2 just seeing which set up looks best for what i want it for :)

That's correct Nat. Chromecast, Smart TV's, and other streaming type devices will aloow you to play on a bigger screen, However, you will still be playing on the mobile version, have the mobile avatar, etc. There's a glitch that allows people to play mobile-only tourneys in the PC game client. The game is then exactly like all of the PC's versions, and it's cheating the mobile players. Like I said, you can't do a normal "save a replay" to your profile when playing on mobile (be it a phone, tablet, or streamed to a TV). 

I've been told by several WGT people that it will be fixed. I don't play much multi-player (AS, Match, Skins) because of my time restraints, and the often discussed disconnects, but I do play a good bit of one on one on the mobile, and it's really enjoyable. Of course I've only played with Yancy, and he's fun, anyway, so maybe that's why it's enjoyable :-)

I imagine playing on a phone would be more like just passing time, since the screen is so small. I have a couple of tablets (8" and 10") and I have used an OTG cable to hook up a wireless mouse (the vids on You Tube), but it's just as easy without the mouse, once you get the hang of it. The meter is very consistent and the game is almost flawless on mobile, anyway. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Mar 3 2016 3:03 AM

That sounds wonderful Natalie, but you need quite a lot of accessories .Firstly you need a HDMI Monitor preferably over 22 inches  to really get the benefits from the sharp graphics.You need a HDMI Cable,  HDMI Adapter and a power adapter which plugs into the HDMI adapter. Its all cost. But i agree with you 100%  this is the route many will need to take in the future when Flash player starts to implode ! Recently my  virtual memory went from 29 %  usage to 50% usage after playing just 12 holes.  Maybe its because i still use XP , but for me the game is constant meltdown unless i reload every 9 holes to manually clear the MEM

RSS