Help › Forums

Emails... again

Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:17 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 4:23 PM

I've found at the bottom of my emails from WGT the following:

To stop all notifications of any updated items from World Golf Tour, go to Edit Profile, click on the Site Options tab, then under Email Configuration, set Send Notifications to "No".

Can someone tell me where I can find Edit Profile?  I can't see it anywhere.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:16 AM

Well, anyone any ideas?  WGT?

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:05 PM

Under GET CREDITS select BUY CREDITS

Once there click on CONTACT INFO

Uncheck both boxes below your contact information.

This should take care of it.  Hope this helps.

- Steel

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:05 PM

G'day Mio, I'm unsure if this will help but the only thing I can find is under "Account" then "Contact Info". Uncheck the box for newsletters & bulletins. Not sure if this is what you were looking for though m8.

Ninja'd again lol

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:17 PM

Did I steal your thunder Switz? Please accept my most humble apology.  LOL 

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 12:21 PM

LOL

No worries at all :)

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:03 PM

2 heads are better than one.  And you both came up with the same thing too.  I thought I'd unchecked both bozes previously, but the bottom one was still checked.  Unchecked now, will see if I stop getting the emails.

I'm guessing though that the instructions posted are actually related to an old version of WGT?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:07 PM

Ok, tournament confirmations have stopped coming through.  However, I am still getting hundreds (literally!) from posts in the CC forum and PM's  And the CC forum posts are not mine, but every time someone posts something in there.

There has to be some blanket box that we can check/uncheck to say we don't these emails.  WGT - how about an answer?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:16 PM

Just seen that there is a checkbox in CC forum posts on the Options tab which says

Email me replies to this post.

And it is always checked which means one has to go to the Options tab and uncheck it each time they want to add a post.  But for the next post it is checked again.

THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING TO STOP THIS WITHIN THE GAME AND NOT BY ME ADDING FILTERS TO MY EMAIL.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2011 7:09 AM

Basically, all you can do is uncheck every box that refers to email.  Every time you post in a forum you have to uncheck that stupid box.  If you're still having issues after all that effort I'd suggest you email WGT and ask what is recommended.

members@worldgolftour.com

• PAGES
RSS