Help › Forums

Full Round Foursome Impossible!?

Sat, Feb 12 2011 12:29 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • OWN3R
    58 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:36 AM

Greetings!

I'm merely writing to vent but also to pose this question. How many people have actually completed a 18 hole round in a foursome?!

Reason for my questions is this, I've tried 28 bloody times now and every time either WGT crashes on a player or a they rage quit because their score isn't good enough. But come on, setting up a foursome 28 times and never getting on completed round, are you kidding me? What are the odds?!

Example. last night our foursome was on the 17th hole of Kiawah, a players game crashed on him , the window closed and had the old wgt encountered an error message, it froze the game for the 3 of us in game. I was at -7 going for my best game ever and loving it as I had my 64avg master beat by 2 strokes and winning our side wager of a sleeve of balls! Not to mention the xp points of a four player game was lost, argh! I was so pissed I smashed my $100 keyboard out of frustration and swore to never return to this place! But, here I am again, not even a day later as I'm going through golfing withdraws and twitching. I like to play in foursomes both in real and virtual golf as I think it makes the game more interesting. Is it really possible to get this to happen or should I give up and just come to the realization that you cannot play wgt in a realist scenarios due to all the glitches and or course rotten egg players out there?

Regards,

Larry

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:46 AM

Never had a full 18; at best someone quits by the 5th hole

• BadDobie
    48 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:52 AM

I have only been able to finish (1) complete 4-some round.  The other times I have run into the same/similar issues.  I have also found it hard to find players willing to join a 18 round game (I most try to set up alternate shot games)....they jump in and when they see it's 18 holes they jump out.  Not sure if they have had similar issues and feel it is not worth the time...or most just do not like 18 hole rounds.  I never have a problem setting up 9 hole rounds....

Good luck and happy swinging!

• singhmech
    9 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:03 AM

now there are three replies, so invite us to a full 18 round game. I promise I won't quit, but I have no control over frozen or dropped game.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 11:59 AM

If you're up late, I'll be around. Never have quit and never will.

• TarheelsRule
    5,490 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:44 PM

I play every day on here and so far I have finished 2 rounds with all four partners in an 18 hole alt shot game, numerous stroke play and match play.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 3:56 PM

Well. it is possible to do 4some 18. I have done it many times but keep in mind a few things.

1. some 18 holes likely take 2.5 - 3hrs. Are 3 others with you going to be able to handle it?

2. many systems have trouble running the game for that long without a restart. this especially an issue for laptops.

In my case, I'd grab bollox, jakestanfill, and Ahudd and we be able to finish it very quickly. But we are used to playing for 3-5 hrs in a row, so we know how to pace ourselves and how to play quickly.

Unfortunately, many players for whatever reasons (patience, Internet issues, family obligation just to name a few), just do not wish to do 4some.

In order to be able to get it done, I recommend the following

Join a country club or a league and make friends. Friends rarely quit on each other without a reason.

-wgticon

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:04 PM

while 18 hole 4some's are not my favorite thing to do on wgt. i have finished many of them. just gotta have a good crew of guys playin with ya. you cant control the system crash's but you can control who you play with.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:14 PM

Icon,

WGTicon:
    2. many systems have trouble running the game for that long without a restart. this especially an issue for laptops.

What causes the need for the restart, memory leakage, flash cache build-up, or something else?

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:28 PM

$100 keyboard?

Jeez.

• PAGES
RSS