Forums

Help › Forums

ImageShack

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:02 PM (2 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:24 AM

I use ImageShack to upload screenshots to be posted here.  Today, all of a sudden, the 'Direct Link' link is protected and can only be accessed if one signs up and logs in.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?  If so, is there a way around it without signing up?

I know there are other photo-hosting sites, but I'm kinda used to this one.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:31 AM

I use that too Mio and just went there to confirm what you said. I also took the 30 secs to register and it works just fine. Free. They might be looking for e-mail addresses to sell or something but I have a junk e-mail address I use for that kind of stuff. LOL-let 'em sell it. :-)

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 4:02 PM

I've found a way to get the direct link if you don't want to register on ImageShack.

Once the image has been uploaded into ImageShack and the direct link displayed, click on View then Page Source in the browser window (or wherever you may find the Page Source option).  In the source window search for 'Direct Link'.  Scroll to the right and you should find the web address for the image.  Select and copy it, then paste it as you would normally into the post.

RSS