Forums

Help › Forums

Somebody please explain this-please.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 8 2011 10:06 PM (7 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 5:23 PM

I have been a Tour Pro for sometime now. I have, after hundreds of hours and a good deal of cash worked my avg down to 67.04 and up to level 65. I have finally made some

great friends on here and have had many enjoyable rounds with people all over the 

world. This evening I posted a ranked round of 33 at SA. I was ready to advance to

level 66. As soon as I posted the 33 I advanced to Master level 66. NOW for the kick

in the head, my average dropped to 66.96 and when I went to my profile my avg went

to 78. Is  this common practice that when you advance to the next level your average

goes up over 11 strokes. I have worked my rear off to get under a 67 avg then BOOM.

Somebody please explain this.

renniw52

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 5:34 PM

Howdy Renni

It seems the 1st round after the promotion kicks most of us in the butt. Once you are upgraded to Master, everything resets. You then need to work your tail off to get that average back down, by playing (unspecified number, closely guarded by WGT) ranked rounds. Play your heart out m8, like you can and you'll get that average back down.

Happy Hitting

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 6:32 PM

hi Renni....

looks likely that the 39 you hit on St andrews pumped you to avg 78....i.e 2x39 = 78

either way it won't be too hard to get it back down.

tbe

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 8:45 PM

Remember before this new average system began, guys would quit because they did not want to affect their average with a bad round???     Well, when you get promoted a Tier the same thing happens.     Your average is computed round by round at the beginning, and bad rounds will cause it to rise.     I made Master last month and went from a 66 ave. to a 70 ave after my first 18-hole round.     Yes, I shot a 70.     I happened to post quite a few over par rounds after I made Master.... and I'm still trying to lower my average.... it's a 68.5 at the moment.     Things will settle down after about 20 rounds, just make sure your average doesn't get much higher... it'll be real hard to lower it later.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 9:49 PM

It took me over 3 months to get my average back to what it was, despite a complete set of new clubs. I wasn't happy at first but later realised that it was a great challenge and it had improved my game no end.

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 7:17 PM

What green speed do masters play on?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 9:26 PM

hawaiicruz:

Very fast, the same as Tour pros. The tees are further back though.

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 10:06 PM

piztaker:

hawaiicruz:

Very fast, the same as Tour pros. The tees are further back though.

Cheers!

RSS