Forums

Help › Forums

what is wrong with my clubs/balls?

Tue, Feb 8 2011 11:25 AM (38 replies)
  • 59wish
    29 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:09 PM

GEE AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING GOOFY..YOU HIT A LW 19YARDS ON THE CHART,IT HITS THE GREEN AND RUNS ANOTHER 15-20YARDS..HELLO???  59WISH

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:53 PM

darrenpaulLMB:

I did think of that too, I got used to the very fast green speed pretty quickly and moving back to the next set of tees, but I have tried all my irons and both wedges in a practice round on all courses and get the same problem, all my irons and both wedges hit the ball at least 20 yards less than the stated distance for each iron. as I have said before, this is the first time I have ever had a problem like this.

thanks to all for your help and advice, I really appreciate it :-)

This may sound stupid but you should clear your browser and flash case following the purchase of new equipment...

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:55 PM

remember the distance includes the roll out, you can try to clear out your flash cache if you have not done so since the upgrades, sometimes old data tends to hang around and clearing this out will help. when driving on average to long fairways put forward spin on the ball to get a bit more distance.

Edited: Dope!!!!! Someone was faster!

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 6:12 PM

thanks for that guys.

I don't fully understand how it will help, I have had the same set of clubs and used the same balls for a long time.

thanks for the help anyway, I will try anything to sort the problem.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 6:15 PM

mohuyu:
    you should clear your browser and flash cache

This was my first thought when I read the op. If you`re Consistently having distance problems ( or "Unexpected Outcomes"), it usually is the caches that are corrupted and need to be cleared. These should be cleared periodically anyway, especially after updates.

As for problems out of the rough around the greens, try reading the "Chip and Pitch Tips" in the FAQs. That should be mandatory reading for all, IMO. :)   GL

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 8:19 PM

darrenpaulLMB:

thanks for that guys.

I don't fully understand how it will help, I have had the same set of clubs and used the same balls for a long time.

thanks for the help anyway, I will try anything to sort the problem.

Another stupid question. Are you the only one playing on your 
    PC. If not that could be it. I created an account for my wife which she used only once or twice but her club and ball information in the flash cache caused me all sorts of headaches until I cleared my cache. My clubs were going as much as 20 yard less than normal but after I had the thought that her info might be bing read instead of mine and cleared the cache everything was back to normal 

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 10:46 AM

how do I clear my cache then? I deleted my browsing history, cookies and tempory files last night, I'm not sure how to clear my cache, any advice?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 11:07 AM
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 11:07 AM

It is covered fairly comprehensively in the getting started over there. In System Requirments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

The duck got me by a couple of seconds. 

• darrenpaulLMB
    180 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 12:25 PM

to 59wish:

thanks for your sarcasm, it is just what I need when I have come here looking for help with a genuine problem.

my irons and wedges are hitting 20 yards less than they should do, it is nothing to do with the ball roll.

RSS