Forums

Help › Forums

Any suggestions about Slowloads (to the 1st tee)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 4 2011 11:17 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 2:39 AM

I'm getting a bit slow walking to the First hole, the game seems to take a lifetime loading and if anybody has suggestions, I'm glad to listen... and no, I don't need to lose  weight...lol....once in the game...everything is perfect.

I do all the usual things, delete all the caches, etc. I've done the increase flash cache size and all that jazz..  I've got a pretty good puter (might need a bigger one) and a very fast connection. I noticed the slow loads not too long ago all of a sudden. I used to be the first person on the tee, now I'm the last...must be old age...lol

Not sure, but is the game getting too big for our puters?.

Just started to be really slow not too long ago... Is it because of all the adds we have to look at now?... I remember before the adds came in the game was loading really quick. If this is the problem, I will be happy to pay an extra $2 or so for membership to a Free-Add version of the game.

Maybe all the added features to the game lately has added more stress to our Puters.

Don't know, trying to figure out something... Ok, this is not a complaint, just trying to make the game a little less stressful (apart from my own game...lol)

Thks

Roger

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:01 AM

mantis0014:

I'm getting a bit slow walking to the First hole, the game seems to take a lifetime loading and if anybody has suggestions, I'm glad to listen... and no, I don't need to lose  weight...lol....once in the game...everything is perfect.

I do all the usual things, delete all the caches, etc. I've done the increase flash cache size and all that jazz..  I've got a pretty good puter (might need a bigger one) and a very fast connection. I noticed the slow loads not too long ago all of a sudden. I used to be the first person on the tee, now I'm the last...must be old age...lol

Not sure, but is the game getting too big for our puters?.

Just started to be really slow not too long ago... Is it because of all the adds we have to look at now?... I remember before the adds came in the game was loading really quick. If this is the problem, I will be happy to pay an extra $2 or so for membership to a Free-Add version of the game.

Maybe all the added features to the game lately has added more stress to our Puters.

Don't know, trying to figure out something... Ok, this is not a complaint, just trying to make the game a little less stressful (apart from my own game...lol)

Thks

Roger

It's not just yours Roger. Mine is doing the exact same thing. Seems like it's been since the last update.

J

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 3:12 PM

mantis0014:
    I'm getting a bit slow walking to the First hole, the game seems to take a lifetime loading...

Long ago I could not get the game to load.  Contacted WGT directly...they advised to change browsers and it fixed the problem.   

Joey

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 3:37 AM

Thks Joey...I was using Firefox.. and loaded Chrome. Might be a bit faster, but might wait a few more days to see for sure.

-Roger

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 4:18 AM

I have had chrome for over a yr now and this problem started after this last update

J

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:18 PM

Have you J... hmmm, I think that wgt might have put a few extra lines or pages in their programs that might be causing the problem, until we find out a way to get over it

Thks

Roger

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2011 12:00 AM

Personally I have found the best way that works for me on loading... and meter smoothness for that matter... is not only to use Chrome BUT, to also navigate to main wgt page (where you would enter your login info.. or if you have it saved, the first page that loads when you visit wgt)... then go to the wrench icon in the top right of the browser....

from there you go to the "tools" option and select "create application shortcuts".. this will allow you to save the wgt site in chrome to either your dekstop or start menu or wherever youd like to put a shortcut.... as its own seperate application.... 

Then when you open this "application" it opens wgt in its own window without all the unecessary tools and junk assocaited with the normal browser... minimizing as much cpu usage as possible and making it just look a hell of alot cleaner.

Seems to have improved meter and load times by atleast 25%...

Hope this helps.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 2:32 AM

Hi Nick

Got home from work tnite, about 4 hours ago and did what ya said Nick...and wow... apart from a few meter spikes...... just fantastic.... I havn't deleted any cache, I havn't started the Gamebooster program.... the Loads to the first Tee has been...fantastic... (I must have lost 20kgs today)

Ok... loads...5 secs to load a Alt shot game, instead of maybe 30-60 secs, if not not more ( or maybe a lifetime)...... I will test it out tmorrow again and if it's still the same as now... a gift will be coming your way.

I tell ya...   this is what we all need... asking silly questions (not that silly) and getting help from the general public and letting WGT know how to fix it !!!!

Thks Bud

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 3:10 AM

I should have said 'Help from a few People'

Thanks All

-Roger

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:38 AM

Glad to hear it helped mantis. Hopefully it continues to help. 

The way I usually play is with gamebooster on and running and from opening wgt in the manner in which i described above. When combining the 2, I'm usually always the first one to load in a multiplayer setting, and I can literally watch the meter slide across, and have yet to see it "skip" across even if only a little. 

• PAGES
RSS