Forums

Help › Forums

Information on the 2 new tiers that WGT created

Fri, Oct 2 2015 3:44 PM (104 replies)
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:31 PM

EasyEdward:
    But you have not played the requisite 200 additional rounds in your "playing account" Icon. 

May I correct you?

TC is by WGT appointment, no playing requisites involved AFAWK. Now we know that there's no limitation in the former tier, too.

Others may follow to this most lonesome tier soon. BTW, this will impact their ability to earn credits.

• tigerthriller
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:51 PM

WGT TWEEKS are not kind to us today..not a complainer..been a member since 2009. Love this game but the screen issues today are unfounded..try to type and screens go back and forth..get cut off from typing as well. try to move the arrow on fairway to change where the ball will land..wont let me see it..few more but will stop here..Please get your thur night tweeker to change what was done..all players today that Ive played with are not happy campers. Please unfix what was fixed THURSDAY NIGHT...thanks Tigerthriller

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:05 PM

At the start of Friday my average was 60.45ish.  I played 4 games shooting 59, 28, 27, and 55.  And my average climbed to 61.25.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 6:36 AM

WGT main priority when releasing stuff or changing rules is to make more money out of their costumers....us.

Yup, those 200 raked matches to achieve the champion status is nothing else but asking all TL's to use more balls as fast as possible.

Only by invitation?, of course they could have simply taken the best "known" TL players based on Approach And Chipping statistics: GR, Avg Distance to pin, Sand save & Scrambling and amount of ranked matches played......LOL, I can even myself choose them in a couple of hours : ))).

What is interesting for TL's to become Champions?....no new tees, no new default green speed, no longer or more difficult courses...what is the bloody point?, giving lower skilled TL's the chance to enter more RG's?..(which means more money for WGT fees)....NOTHING ELSE BUT THE STATUS!!!

I guess some rich TL's would love to pay any price to have the new "status" called "champion"....

It would have been more fair to ask TL's to play a "Champion Tour" with single play running for some months with tough conditions and a minimum of participation....THAT IS FAIR.

.....be welcome to use MORE MONEY and get the Champion status : ))))

Eric

• junedon
    686 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 8:56 AM

got news for you shot a 28 on st Andrews front nine and my average went from 58.7 up to 61.1  know of 3 other players this has happened to . how can they justify this

junedon

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:00 AM

It looks to me like they simply changed the saturation point from 500 RRs to some higher number.  If saturated players need another 200 RRs to reach Champion, it stands to reason that a saturated average is now made up of a player's best 700 rounds as a TL.  

I postulate that a recently saturated TL (more than 500 but less than 700 RRs at TL) will see his average return to a "true" average - a number very close to what it was when he hit 500 rounds, and will see it move up and down until 700 rounds are reached.  A TL with more than 700 RRs should see a smaller bump at first, then a steadily declining average that only moves down after a good round and never moves up.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 10:17 AM

"We are not making that information public. However, the top tier will be invite only, so it's not possible to get placed there.

-WGTicon"

Does that mean those top ranked players can refuse to enter a tier they should be in?

• cpjs
    121 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 11:01 AM

junedon:

got news for you shot a 28 on st Andrews front nine and my average went from 58.7 up to 61.1  know of 3 other players this has happened to . how can they justify this

junedon

Yup, same here,I shot 28 and average went up 55.14 to 55.25!!!

no more RR for me, they can keep the next  tier.

cpjs

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:00 PM

bhoese:
    It looks to me like they simply changed the saturation point from 500 RRs to some higher number.  If saturated players need another 200 RRs to reach Champion, it stands to reason that a saturated average is now made up of a player's best 700 rounds as a TL.  

I postulate that a recently saturated TL (more than 500 but less than 700 RRs at TL) will see his average return to a "true" average - a number very close to what it was when he hit 500 rounds, and will see it move up and down until 700 rounds are reached.  A TL with more than 700 RRs should see a smaller bump at first, then a steadily declining average that only moves down after a good round and never moves up.

I thought so, too, but there's a guy with far below 200 Legend rounds who reported a jump in his average. Not explicable with this theory IMHO.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:30 PM

Crazy name anyway, throughout history in all sports there has been CHAMPIONS, but very very few LEGENDS. Wrong way round i feel.

Bubbs

RSS