Forums

Help › Forums

Information on the 2 new tiers that WGT created

Fri, Oct 2 2015 3:44 PM (104 replies)
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:19 PM

jayw4862:
    I'm guessing that 56 is the highest a saturated TL can go.

I saturated a month or so ago, got my avg down below 60 just before they introduced new tiers, played one round and found myself on 61,98. So a saturated TL can have a higher avg than 56, lol. Looks like they added 2 strokes to everyone and we'll have to come down again. Most likely to 59, maybe 58. Wonder how many rounds will people, who already are below that, will need to play.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:25 PM

And our first Tour Champion member is.....

Iconian (up 2 levels today)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:26 PM

skccvb:

Jimbog1964:
    Maybe they are not favouring red tees then ??

This tournament was from the back tees, Jimbo- so forget that theory. 

Fair enough..Sorry see a 25 in an unlimited play CC thing  and not much RRs other than that assume, but my mistake for assuming.  Out of interest do you have how many RRs you have as a TL....?........Should have given benefit as it's the respected CN, not some for average dropping only CC.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:29 PM

mkrizan86:
    I saturated a month or so ago, got my avg down below 60 just before they introduced new tiers, played one round and found myself on 61,98. So a saturated TL can have a higher avg than 56, lol. Looks like they added 2 strokes to everyone and we'll have to come down again. Most likely to 59, maybe 58. Wonder how many rounds will people, who already are below that, will need to play.

Mine went from an incredibly saturated 54.48 I think to just under 56, and seems I can throw what I like at it after that.   Can't bring myself to keep track of how many RRs for this one as see no point to WGT bothering with it (correction no good point I care about and IMO misguided for a long haul).  

EDIT: Any one who gets it good luck, and some will be well worthy of the one above. and well done.  Invite only is just too pretentious though IMO..gotta have some parameters as much as I would always say well done...time though on that in fairness.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:29 PM

I have maybe 80 RR's as TL- because I rarely play them...but do have several thousands multiplayer rounds...and the 25 was a bit lucky- 2 eagle holeouts, 6 birdies, 1 par. Now that we have a reason to play RR's I will slog away again for Champion level someday...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:30 PM

skccvb:
    I have maybe 80 RR's as TL- because I rarely play them...but do have several thousands multiplayer rounds...and the 25 was a bit lucky- 2 eagle holeouts, 6 birdies, 1 par. Now that we have a reason to play RR's I will slog away again for Champion level someday...

Nice when it happens though - Nice round :)

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:17 PM

Can i make a suggestion for the next new tiers?

Semi Gods

Gods

Please no Tour Gods!! I don't think i can handle those...:)

PS

To advance to semi god level you must have 10 out of 10 putts from 100 ft without dots grid help (either way, they are not working..lol)

To advance to God level, you must do the above but without using your putter. For practice, i recommend watch again and again Matrix scene with the boy and the spoon.

:)

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:22 PM

alpenpirat:

Your are all on the wrong way:

Champion Tier is only for players with 75 years and older

Soft Conditions : soft balls, no wind, short ties and soft holes.

Tour Champions are for players they are round about 100 years and going blind.

They have the same conditions like the Champs before, but includet with Skype Telefon Service from WGT. 

lol...

• ByeTheJesus
    346 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 7:35 AM

Along with the others mine went up at least 2 or 3 points...??

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 7:53 AM

mkrizan86:

jayw4862:
    I'm guessing that 56 is the highest a saturated TL can go.

I was 54 and Andrew was 52..we played a round, and both went to 56, and it won't go any higher (we tried). Maybe the 1st round played after the tier additions had a set average for whatever your current average was. If you were a 59, it couldn't go down to 56. 

I didn't think about TL's with averages higher than 56. Sorry.

I know I have 1000+ rounds played after my 500 required for saturation. I'm guessing it starts new (the 200 RR minimum). No idea what the average needs to be. 

Personally, I don't like having an average below 59/60. It's fake, and unrealistic. There should be no saturation at all. 

RSS